When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Locked TC sub bezel

indywatchguy

This may be an easy fix for most of you guys however when it comes to watch repairs I have five thumbs. I was changing inserts and thought I had everything in place but the bezel will not turn. Any suggestions would be appreciated.34560fe57da7481b79f4d774b565a69d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a small little ring called a tension ring.  It goes under the click and should edge fit with the bezel.  When that gets pinched or is the wrong size it will cause the bezel to bind and not rotate.  The ways around it is like Eazye said.  They to reset it maybe it folded or bent causing it to bind.  If not and it is from another watch or is a real Rolex one or a star time one it won't fit properly in causing a lot of issues.  

I have found the easiest way to fix it is to bend it almost in a U then open it.  Then the other direction bend it to a U.  Then it should be raised up.  Put the lowest part under the click spring.  then line up the bezel and press slowly down.  Then use a bezel press till it clicks. That should work.  If not, you need a new tension washer.

• Like 1

I thought it was the flat tension washer so I purchased a brand new Clark and it still does the same thing.

Pop the bezel off and reseat it

Tried that a dozen times. Same result it's locked and won't budge.

The click spring is a WSO if that matters.

Yeah TC bezels from my experience don't like that gen part installed.

Which gen part? The click spring or flat tension washer?

23 minutes ago, indywatchguy said:

I thought it was the flat tension washer so I purchased a brand new Clark and it still does the same thing.

Hum...I had the same problem before because the click spring was too strong so i just took 2 tweezers and i bent it a bit more, so he pushed less on the bezel teeth.

This was the solution and it worked very well after that.....it could be this or not :g:

• Like 1

The click spring is a WSO if that matters.

Which gen part? The click spring or flat tension washer?

What I meant was the gen layout needed that part. It goes crystal retainer>bezel washer/spacer>click spring >bezel>insert.

I have found that with the TC arrangement guy can do without the spacer. Or thin the spacer out.

Another thing is that if the bezel is not perfectly round it won't rotate.

Hum...I had the same problem before because the click spring was too strong so i just took 2 tweezers and i bent it a bit more, so he pushed less on the bezel teeth.
This was the solution and it worked very well after that.....it could be this or not :g:

I'm thinking you're right! The click spring is very tight. I'll try to bend it slightly.

Does it move without the click spring?

....another thing i noticed when i had a TC is that the bezel is very smooth and you remove it with a knife, you twist it...the bezel is no more perfectly flat; so it doesn't turn because the play with the chrystal retaining ring is too thin and it can't work with a damaged bezel !

2 minutes ago, indywatchguy said:

I'm thinking you're right! The click spring is very tight. I'll try to bend it slightly.

Yes and as it is not the stock click spring because you said it's a WSO part it could have a different shape !

I have removed countless TC ST and Rolex bezels.  I have never bent any of them.  They should pop off very easy.  When you take the crystal ring off to put in a new crystal then you can mess up the crystal ring and that will cause a problem.  But popping it on or off should not damage anything.  But if that thin gasket ring gets messed up, that is the problem,  

• Like 1

Annnnnd the winner is! the mannier! Thanks gentlemen for all your input. It was a very tight click spring that needed a slight bend then lots of turning to break it in.

Here is the offending spring

830e60cdaa476d0abab7b388da5addc9.jpg