When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm still alive but....

hologramet

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 5:47 AM, indywatchguy said:

How’s our brother doing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:13 AM, docdoowop said:

ditto

Well.. I'm happy to be alive. But there's some work left to be done.

1 kidney, it's got acceptable function.

I have no veins left in my upper body after multiple thrombosis so I feel like a junkie when I try to help the nurses with blood samples.

I lost about 15kgs, and then gained 10kgs again, not exactly lean mass.. ;) I've just started with cardio training a couple of weeks ago. My goal is to reach about 75kg's lean to minimize the strain on the kidney.

I'm still very-very lethargic. I gone from 0% to 25% and now work 50%. Probably 75% from september+

They still don't know why I got the septic shock, most likely scarring on the bad kidney led to accumulation of fluids and  urinary reflux and it became like a "hive" for bacteria usually flushed out when urinating.

What more can I say...

I've seen almost every tv-show worth seeing on Netflix and HBO.

Watches and projects have kept me busy mentally to avoid the "why me-thoughts".

My wife is the most beautiful being in this world and I'm eternally gratefuk for meeting her.

I'm thankful and got a smile on my face yesterday when I got the PM from @indywatchguy. Thanks guys for the thoughts and support. It's tough.. I'm not going to lie. I went from feeling like a 25 y.o. to feeling like a 70 y.o.

IMG-1589.jpg.d4e88a3f34893cfe7e8fa89b9311781c.jpgIMG-1588.thumb.jpg.37f6f6b71f8371d09fd7b8dbeb4c4899.jpg

Glad to hear you’re getting there, but please, no more offering a kidney for that grail rep! Hope you keep on improving.