When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first 6538 build

d4v3

Specs:

Silix case 6538 
Athaya Brevet crown and tube 
Swiss 2836 movement 
Tiger concept second hand
Clarks vintage Tudor hands set 
Helenarou 6538 dial 
Sternkreuz ST19 
Rivet bracelet 
Nato RAF $ 
Fat Springbars 

Done thus far:
case tapped to accept Athaya crown and tube, lug holes drilled to accept fat spring bars, lugs hand chamfered, plexy trimmed.

pending to do:
Relume 3 hands and dial to match,  modify bezel shape to slim and change profile,  age the insert install Athayas pearl with matching lume, remove engravings and engrave with better fonts, make a true gilt 4 liner solid gold dial.

I wanna say thanx to many members that helped me out with tips and sharing knowledge and with their posts, hope its doesn't bother since it's an often seen build thread, prices are by memory to encourage other members to try their builds.

so the pics:
Silix disassembly

GAK9147.jpg

Drilling and tapping the case and lug holes

Q5aEkvn.jpg

Athayas crown and tube ready to install

aBQR0oP.jpg

crown replaced

6bXrEu1.jpg

Chamfering the lugs

Zj6fCPQ.jpg

some polishing and not chamfering the lug holes

ORb6ak1.jpg

Lug holes not chamfered

HrFGR2Q.jpg

To be continued....

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Clark T19 here that I was thinking about using for my build. Do you know if that's the same size? I'm thinking about sanding it on the base to make it shorter.

My other concen is that it stays a bit lose in there. There will be a small gap around between the crystal and the rehaut.

Edited by Dani Cica

For my latest build I used an hws 308. It's bigger and has a lip round the outside edge.
I applied a thin coat of hypo cement to the outside edge of the lip (very thin) and let it dry over night, this acts as a gasket.
Then compress the crystal with a crystal lift in till you can fit it in the opening and once you release the pressure from the clamp it's a pretty decent seal and no messy glue to clean up and a bit more water resistant too

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk