When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean Chronograph options

Adeodatus

I'm looking to buy a PO Chrono but I don't understand the current offering differences

Cartel have JH/OM Factory V2 for 430 with what seems is a working chrono, but the bezel looks meh

Toro has a SWF for 330 with good bezel but it's a non-functional Chrono, I presume.

Am I right in my assumptions? Are there other options?

Thanks guys and gals

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

well the problem with omega chronographs is the subdials spacing, in all model spacing its off compared to the gens, from the mythical speedmaster to the modern chronos, all of them have wrong case dimensions and wrong dial subspacing so they are not very popular if you want more info about a particular model is a good idea to post a reference to know which model are you adressing, other good idea is to do you own research on omega reps, chronos in general are not considered very good.

the spacing its bad due the movement used (a7750, st19 or quartz microstepper) gens use 321, 861, 1861 and 9300 movements

The above applies to Speedmasters. Other Omega reps like the Seamaster Chronographs are good reps as they use the ‘correct’ movement (A7750). 

• 4 months later...

How about planet ocean? I saw two types of chronograph POs. One type has two subdials, second has three. Which one is better or more reliable?
To be honest I really like that two subdials type with working 3 o'clock subdial.

• 1 month later...