When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

NEW rep Daytona with 904L steel and a 4130 clone movement!

highoeyazmuhudee

The 4130 copy is just a 7750 with date module taken out for thinner size. Secs at 6 works, and chronograph seconds works, but not chronograph minutes or hours. This is still 1mm thicker than gen, but much better than 15mm of all the current working chrono 7750 Daytona reps.

If the bezel numbers and dial are up to the same quality as BP Daytona, I'm definitely buying this rep to use until Noob's 4130 clone comes out.

I doubt the usage of 904L but would be happy to be wrong. The so called 4130 clone (which in my eyes isn't a clone at all...it's just another decorated asian movement...the SH3135 or the Yuki movement is a clone since it's able to take gen parts!) is a downturn for me.

I was waiting some month for this movement and if it would have been a real clone like the SH313x movements I'd take it even when it would not have been clear if it's reliable or not.

But a 7750 without chrono function doesn't make any sense for me. If thickness would've been something I care about I would've taken a JF with 23j movement. But for me the function is more important. At the end it's a watch for me and I like my watches to function as they are planned to. I doubt that anyone is able to see that the rep Daytona on my wrist is thicker than a gen and therefore easy to spot as a rep. The only ones who are able to spot this are, and I'm pretty confident about that, part of our rep community :)

36 minutes ago, docthor said:

I doubt the usage of 904L but would be happy to be wrong. The so called 4130 clone (which in my eyes isn't a clone at all...it's just another decorated asian movement...the SH3135 or the Yuki movement is a clone since it's able to take gen parts!) is a downturn for me.

I was waiting some month for this movement and if it would have been a real clone like the SH313x movements I'd take it even when it would not have been clear if it's reliable or not.

But a 7750 without chrono function doesn't make any sense for me. If thickness would've been something I care about I would've taken a JF with 23j movement. But for me the function is more important. At the end it's a watch for me and I like my watches to function as they are planned to. I doubt that anyone is able to see that the rep Daytona on my wrist is thicker than a gen and therefore easy to spot as a rep. The only ones who are able to spot this are, and I'm pretty confident about that, part of our rep community :)

I think for some people, myself included, it's not about the looks, it's about how it feels on the wrist. 15mm and 12mm do make a difference especially if it's a watch you wear a lot. But I agree that it's not worth it for just a modified 7750 if you're a person who values fully functional chrono.

Edited by goldrolexdaydate

But a 7750 without chrono function doesn't make any sense for me. If thickness would've been something I care about I would've taken a JF with 23j movement. But for me the function is more important. At the end it's a watch for me and I like my watches to function as they are planned to. I doubt that anyone is able to see that the rep Daytona on my wrist is thicker than a gen and therefore easy to spot as a rep. The only ones who are able to spot this are, and I'm pretty confident about that, part of our rep community
+100
As the chrono function is not mandatory for me (at least less than the thickness a as I have skinny chicken wrists) I'll stick on my 23J until a real 4130 clone shows up.

sent from my Moto G5 Plus using Tapatalk

As others have said above me, I believe the 904L part when I see it and it's just a modified 7750 from the IWC Portuguese that was recently (a while ago actually lol) released. There is literally no function on the other 2 sub dials IIRC. Just a thin, modified 7750. 

Although it still has a long way to go, this is a very promising release and I'm looking forward to see if they can really up their Daytona game. It's been a pretty disaster until now. Lol

I find it highly impossible for them to be using 904 steel when that steel is considered surgical grade steel. The weight in that steel alone would be worth the asking price.. what I believe is they have done is simply found a way to fool the tool that's used to test steel quality. I hope I'm wrong but I just highly doubt they have true solid 904L steel. Wouldn't be cost effective at 458.00...

There  is a lot of mystery about 904L.  It goes for $900 to $2500 per ton depending on how much you buy so at $2000 a ton it would make the metal in one watch cost about $2 or so allowing for waste.

The more you buy, the cheaper it gets and 904L is nothing special at all.  I have some seamless 904L tubing that I had cut for making bezels and a foot of it was a couple dollars.  It costs a lot more to machine it than to buy it.