When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Spacer ring not tight enough, please help!

Dani Cica

I've got a rep with 2836 movement but whenever I pull out the crown to adjust time the movement moves a bit inside the case. I have opened the case and tightened the clamp screws but it's no use, the movement ring is still not tight enough with the case. I am sure there's a workaround for this issue without having to try another ring (which would probably be the same)...

Any suggestions?

Call it the Alaskan Backwoods Delicate Adjustment Tweak:

Squeeze the movement ring to make it slightly oblong in the axis where the stem penetrates the case.

• Like 1

this is likely because your movement tabs aren't securing your movement tightly and properly.

i assume this is for a franken datejust build? If so, then modifying the correct movement tab is the only way to go (i.e. take a longer tab and cut it to the right length and/or bend the tab so that the tab can secure the movement on both ends). I had this problem too when i built my first datejust franken using a 2836-2 case and 2836-2 movement

Edited by godkiller
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...