When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Grail 6263

RobU

some others were discussing TheSociety.  the OP posted a few pictures of his watch built by TS; one was the OP's pictures, the other appeared to have the hallmarks of being TS's picture.  Is it me to does TS's picture look significantly altered?  The ROC and subdial print in TS's picture looks much more crisp than it does in OP's picture.  Not trying to flame anyone's watch here.  if im way off base, feel free to let me know!

image22.png.13359a44d223941b7f4396efcd286633.png

25.jpg.d2b20b0c76d01472cf0f8567dd4ec5b8.jpg

Edited by jfmiii

Hmm, the camera never lies, but if you have my photography skills the whole world is warm and fuzzy. Could be one image has been cleaned up in editing, could be one is slightly out of focus. I wouldn’t have a clue

3 hours ago, Sogeha said:

Hmm, the camera never lies

Having spent many years as a commercial photographer, I can tell you without question the camera lies frequently.

And that was even before Photoshop, which upgrades the quality of the lies by an order of magnitude ... :)

@tomhorn that was said slightly tongue in cheek. My dad was a press photographer from the late sixties and remained a professional photographer until the mid eighties. Even then he was regularly removing lamp posts and adding trees, slimming or fattening politicians according to editorial whim. I guess my total lack of interest stems from that, as children we had to stand still for what seemed like hours and hours while dad f@&£ed about dancing with a light meter! Killed any interest in photography stone dead.

• Haha 1

Thx [mention=73322]Sogeha[/mention]

[mention=81152]aprolexlover[/mention] but it is not cheap either, I've paid under $1000 for my dial and its a minimalistic version.

14b886badc832978c0f720a88baf751f.jpg&key=ad4c3251adec233098f1a980b2fa33353204f71f1cb4cc7e528009af93825036

Nice dial! Can I ask how was your experience with Jensen while ordering the dial? Did you provide him with renderings?

6 minutes ago, dpap said:

Nice dial! Can I ask how was your experience with Jensen while ordering the dial? Did you provide him with renderings?

i too would like more information on using Jensen for a custom order.  I am looking for Sigma dials and it doesnt appear anyone makes them.  If anyone knows a cource for these, please let me know!

DSC_0491.jpg

i too would like more information on using Jensen for a custom order.  I am looking for Sigma dials and it doesnt appear anyone makes them.  If anyone knows a cource for these, please let me know!

DSC_0491.jpg&key=cdcfb23b1a82b815f41c5c24a88c71c9c0282637d675ba73cac9132afeaa1512

I was hoping to make this:

8d7dc6d61909a1ed2c5add6438a4fce5.jpeg
  • Like 1

On 01/05/2018 at 7:34 PM, JSebWC said:

Damn that’s hella nice. emoji7.pngemoji7.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you

On 02/05/2018 at 9:08 AM, capice said:

Sweet mvt....gorgeous watch

Thank you the movement is what makes it complete to my eyes

On 02/05/2018 at 9:46 AM, jfmiii said:

some others were discussing TheSociety.  the OP posted a few pictures of his watch built by TS; one was the OP's pictures, the other appeared to have the hallmarks of being TS's picture.  Is it me to does TS's picture look significantly altered?  The ROC and subdial print in TS's picture looks much more crisp than it does in OP's picture.  Not trying to flame anyone's watch here.  if im way off base, feel free to let me know!

Yes as Bart mentioned, TS is a professional photographer or use to be, not sure as he apparently becomes a modder ;)

On 02/05/2018 at 12:04 PM, StormTooper4 said:

sweet mother of god. That’s incredible 

Thank you, I'm actually the 1st surprised of the result as it's my first build. But I'm really in love about it

On 03/05/2018 at 9:19 AM, dpap said:

My experience was smooth, longer than expected but I did not put any pressure on the guy as I wasn't on a hurry.

He provided everything, from drawing to 1st batch that wasn't of the color I was looking for.

But he's a real pro and always willing to improve and satisfy its client.

I will go with him again for sure

On 03/05/2018 at 9:28 AM, jfmiii said:

Hmm that'll be the trickiest part, from my reading, I know that Sigma dials are a pain to reproduce when it comes to matching the right color.

But I'm sure J will be very helpful