When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Purchased my First Rep

Mav1371

Hello all!  I'm nervous and excited so I thought I would share haha.  Just purchased an Omega '57 replica from Andrew at TrustyTime.  I'm been addicted to this watch for quite some time, and I think it's just a beautiful watch that Omega created.  For all of those that lurk in the background like me, I'll keep the thread updated with how the process goes.  

Here's the rep that I purchased...

http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_81&products_id=17683

Hopefully it's a good one.  

• 4 weeks later...

So I got my watch and I wanted to wear it a couple of days before posting any complaints.  I'll post pictures and a full review when I can...but for now I just want to ask if my expectations were too high?  This watch keeps horrible time.  I thought maybe it just needed some time to wind, but nope, it keeps horrible time.  When setting the watch, it's Russian roulette whether the minute hand is going to move as time passes.  I lose about 2-4 minutes every hour, and even worse, I just picked up the watch after wearing it for 14 hours and then setting it down for 3...the watch went from being on time to 3.5hrs behind.  Before I make complaints to the dealer, should I be as upset as I am for spending $400+ on a watch that can't tell the time?