When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The RWG official watch has lanched!

Mike on a bike

Sure Micky but it's on the slow boat so to speak guys, I ship regular parcel to UK usually. (99% of time) I have found they tend to go unnoticed in the sheer volume of parcel going from conus to UK and there is no tracking faster method after leaving the states anyway. (cost is double!) Now I ship raffle watches so guys are happy whenever they arrive because they won them this method might not be best if you sold it to someone.

• Like 1

No Customs problems anyway because I live right on the North/South border. I can, if it becomes necessary receive a watch in one country and post it on from the other?

Besides, the way the negotiations are going, we could all be old and grey before anything noticeable happens.

Just make sure you are sitting down and in a private place when you do. I was in fits of laughter, this thing is hideous. Also it is virtually impossible to tell what time it is because the dial is busy and dark, as are the hands. My six year old daughter thinks it is wonderful and wore it while watching Barbie - tells you all you need to know really

• Like 2

Hah...I'm an almost 50 year old father of 4 kids who lives in a small village with just 800 souls. I have a Mohawk, walk always barefeet everywhere and wear sometimes a Saroong...a pink Barbiewatch is nothing the people around would think looks weird in me :D

...sent with wooden drums via Tupperware.

• Like 1

I finally managed to separate the watch from my daughter and take it out and about. First trip was training where it received some good natured banter, not?

Follwed by the village "family fun day". Okay, so it's more Barbour and wellies than black tie, but it's about as formal as things get around here. The response was somewhat warmer than I expected. My mate who was cooking the burgers actually thought it was nice!!!! Other local "friend" said I didn't look any more of a tw@t than usual. Some friend. He's now off the Christmas card list, even if he was right in what he said. One of the mothers gave me a kiss and said how much she admired a man brave enough to wear pink, which was nice.

Anyway it's on it's travels again early next week

IMG_9049.PNG

IMG_9050.JPG

IMG_9051.JPG

IMG_9052.JPG

IMG_9053.JPG

IMG_9054.JPG

• Like 1

Hah...I'm an almost 50 year old father of 4 kids who lives in a small village with just 800 souls. I have a Mohawk, walk always barefeet everywhere and wear sometimes a Saroong...a pink Barbiewatch is nothing the people around would think looks weird in me emoji38.png:D

...sent with wooden drums via Tupperware.

You worry me my friend.  (this from the guy wearing a fuschia bathing suit to match the watch) LOL!

Presious has landed in Sunny (!!!) Cornwall. We have friends staying at the moment so are showing them a few of the tourist sites. 

Firstly, Mousehole - a quaint little Cornish fishing village, named so because a local cave looks like a errrrr mouse hole.......

IMG_0009.JPG

A short drive to Porthcurno followed. A bit of history here as it's where the first transatlantic communication cable came ashore - right in the middle of the beach. Allowing telephone calls between Europe and the USA. These photos were taken by the Minack open air theatre - cut directly into the cliff. 

IMG_0017.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

Onwards to Lands End. The most Southwesterly point of mainland UK. Not too much to see here because of the vast amounts of the Cornish liquid sunshine falling from the sky. 

IMG_0022.JPG

If if I get a chance I'll take a few more before it wings its way north to .......

IMG_0025.JPG

A nice thought would be to keep a running total of the distance the watch covers.

So far the estimate is:

China to MOAB about 8000 miles

MOAB to Sogeha approx 3125 miles

Sogeha to Kernow about 900 miles

Kernow to Nikki6 gestimated at 512 miles

• Like 2