When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona 6263

POR901

Define what is "good"? Basically for a rep you either have to settle with a converted A7750 movement with manual wind where the sub dial doesn't sit at the same place as a gen OR you go with the venus movement where the chrono doesn't work but the subdials are in the correct position. But if you want both you would need a V72 and the movement alone is over 1K USD (unless you are lucky or you found one that is not working and you can get it fixing).

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Define what is "good"? Basically for a rep you either have to settle with a converted A7750 movement with manual wind where the sub dial doesn't sit at the same place as a gen OR you go with the venus movement where the chrono doesn't work but the subdials are in the correct position. But if you want both you would need a V72 and the movement alone is over 1K USD (unless you are lucky or you found one that is not working and you can get it fixing).

Very true. Accuracy or lack thereof will dictate price. You can get a "passable" accurate Venus movement model or a nice used DW a7750 for less than 1k, but if you want one that is really accurate, and remember no rep however expensive will be 100%, you could easily spend 4-5k.
Another consideration as with all replicas of expensive watches, can you pull off wearing a 30k watch? You never know when you might run into a guy who knows his Daytonas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very true. Accuracy or lack thereof will dictate price. You can get a "passable" accurate Venus movement model or a nice used DW a7750 for less than 1k, but if you want one that is really accurate, and remember no rep however expensive will be 100%, you could easily spend 4-5k.
Another consideration as with all replicas of expensive watches, can you pull off wearing a 30k watch? You never know when you might run into a guy who knows his Daytonas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm maybe 1f5d80252b251db480bf04f6756fb34f.jpg295c967f7951a0d6bc14ddbaead11679.jpg1e5bdf2012d9a4c9ea66f42204a952d8.jpg

• Thanks 1

I have worn my v72 6263 more times than I can ever hope to count. Have yet to have anyone even ask about it.

With that budget, as paristoto mentioned the best option really is one of the Cartel ST19 builds. You can certainly DIY, or just find one of slay's or rolo's. Might have to stretch a little depending on parts.

1k for a good 6263? At lest 1.5k is needed. Perhaps, one option is to use a Valjoux 23? Even V23 is getting around 1k these days but, I still see one around $500 occasionally. A decent dial may be sourced from Eileen from Singapore for about $200 and hands from Phong for $120. The problem is the case set. After seeing one on the bay few months ago, I don't know where to find a good case set ... but, you may find a case set for around $300 if you are patient. Oh, plus at lest the crown needs to be upgraded and this may cost ~$100.