When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Aquatimer

Jonny B

Question

Hello all, this is my first post so please be gentle. Although I have a genuine PAM and a replica I have had my eye on the IWC watches for a while. The idea of owning one IWC at £6k has lead me to look at a rep, with the idea of owning a few.

For the last month, have been doing some research and reading a lot on this site (thank you) and it has been really helpful and inciteful to understand the concerns and issues in the rep world.

I am looking for some advice please on this watch:

https://www.intime01.co/iwc/2339-aquatimer-costeau-diver-chrono-ss-blue-dial-on-black-rubber-strap-a7750.html

It is from Ryan, who I believe is a TD? And so far has been helpful in terms of his communication.

My concerns other than the overall fear "I will never actually receive a watch" are primarily down to the A7750 movement, many of the posts elluding to issues around this movement tend to be pre 2016, and any more recent posts I read on other sites, tends to support this movement. 

Should I be confident in purchasing an IWC rep from Ryan and should the A7750 movement give me a good number of years to enjoy.

My plan is to start with the Aquatimer and then look at a portugeese, but baby steps :) 

2 answers to this question

Just had been at Domis with my sec@6 Daytona this week.
I usually let him put in a swiss 7750 on which he performs his very own sec@6 mod.
But...it's not necessary with the new 29 jewel (4130 clone they say...there's only a deco plate on the movement) a7750s he said.
He's very impressed how great they perform and how well they are made. They even improved his mod, using a different way as he did.
Plus...at least my a7750 was so clean and running good that it wasn't necessary to have it serviced.
I'd always recommend to have a watchsmith taking a look at it but it seems that even the a7750 is becoming a reliable movement at the end :)

One can't say that from now on every a7750 is a clean and reliable movement...but it seems that they started to take care about these things.

And...especially for the watch you are looking for...if your a7750 starts to become faulty you can easily have it changed for a swiss 7750 :)

On 08/09/2017 at 11:23 AM, docthor said:

Just had been at Domis with my sec@6 Daytona this week.
I usually let him put in a swiss 7750 on which he performs his very own sec@6 mod.
But...it's not necessary with the new 29 jewel (4130 clone they say...there's only a deco plate on the movement) a7750s he said.
He's very impressed how great they perform and how well they are made. They even improved his mod, using a different way as he did.
Plus...at least my a7750 was so clean and running good that it wasn't necessary to have it serviced.
I'd always recommend to have a watchsmith taking a look at it but it seems that even the a7750 is becoming a reliable movement at the end :)

One can't say that from now on every a7750 is a clean and reliable movement...but it seems that they started to take care about these things.

And...especially for the watch you are looking for...if your a7750 starts to become faulty you can easily have it changed for a swiss 7750 :)

Thanks Docthor, good to hear the A7750 reliability has improved. Has anyone purchased a IWC Aquatimer from Ryan?