When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any barefoot walker around here?

docthor

Almost 4 month ago I read an article from Sabrina Fox about her experience with walking barefoot a whole year (that year was 3 years long at that time :D ) and I immediately decided (and my wife too) to try that out.

Nothing to loose, only to win (experience) and we bought the book she wrote about it.

Now...4 month later it still feels just about right to not wear any shoes, even though it's getting colder here in Germany. Our little one (2 years) doesn't want any shoes too and the older ones (7, 12, 13) are walking barefoot from time to time too :) .

So far we had been on vacation, in exhibitions, on concerts, at funfairs as well as doing every day stuff without any shoes at all.

It's a great experience and the nicest thing for me is that my flatfoot isn't an issue any more...my feet are back to a healthy normal form :)

I'm wondering if anyone of you guys is a barefoot walker too?

Personally I love walking barefoot while on vacation or at home. People are so fragile these days, afraid of sand, stones and sharp edges. I always found walking on hot surfaces, or sharp stones as a training for one's character. I also walk barefoot at home all the time. But walking on the streets seems just too dangerous for me. There's so much filth, chewing gums on pavements, or even broken glass... Not to mention parasites

So you are walking on dirty streets, kerb, escalators, you drive, you go to meetings and restaurants barefoot?

Sent from my SM-T325 using Tapatalk

Yepp...and while I always clean my feet before I enter a building everyone else is going in with their still dirty shoes.

Try yourself...walk through mud with shoes and barefoot...guess what's easier to clean... :)

And...in shoes everyone is growing shrooms and bacteria...doesn't matter how "clean" one is. It's a dark and humid place and they love it. Cannot happen when you don't wear shoes :)

...sent with wooden drums via Tupperware.

Yes I do it as much as possible! It's called "grounding"! Connecting with mother earth is essential for optimal health! Try it out for 15-30 mins week. Concrete and grass are good and most accessible to most but sand and the ocean are the best! Grounding eradicates free radicals from the body.

• 3 weeks later...

its too cold in Germany 10 months out of the year for the barefoot thing.

while at the beach? or out in the woods? why not.

in the city? nah. glass hurts when you step on it, and in Germany there's a lot of glass around in cities.

i just smoke weed and hash to get my necessary hippie vibes.

not as public as going barefoot in populated places, but that's also kinda the point ;)

for real tho, good luck + have fun, everyone I know who does this is pretty kind and friendly..so maybe you are too.

On 9/8/2017 at 9:05 PM, docthor said:

Almost 4 month ago I read an article from Sabrina Fox about her experience with walking barefoot a whole year (that year was 3 years long at that time :D ) and I immediately decided (and my wife too) to try that out.

Nothing to loose, only to win (experience) and we bought the book she wrote about it.

Now...4 month later it still feels just about right to not wear any shoes, even though it's getting colder here in Germany. Our little one (2 years) doesn't want any shoes too and the older ones (7, 12, 13) are walking barefoot from time to time too :) .

So far we had been on vacation, in exhibitions, on concerts, at funfairs as well as doing every day stuff without any shoes at all.

It's a great experience and the nicest thing for me is that my flatfoot isn't an issue any more...my feet are back to a healthy normal form :)

I'm wondering if anyone of you guys is a barefoot walker too?

No, except at home and at the beach for swimming... otherwise I think it's really dirty and unclean

What's the benefit?

8 hours ago, porschespeedster said:

its too cold in Germany 10 months out of the year for the barefoot thing.

while at the beach? or out in the woods? why not.

in the city? nah. glass hurts when you step on it, and in Germany there's a lot of glass around in cities.

i just smoke weed and hash to get my necessary hippie vibes.

not as public as going barefoot in populated places, but that's also kinda the point ;)

for real tho, good luck + have fun, everyone I know who does this is pretty kind and friendly..so maybe you are too.

Well...I walk barefoot since end of May this year and I live in Germany...you'd be surprised how warm the asphalt is :). And the good thing is...when you have cold feet while you are in shoes you have cold feet no matter where you walk. Without shoes you can just step on asphalt that is/was warmed up from the sun and your feet become warm :)

I don't know in which city you live but where I live and/or have been the last month (Frankfurt/M, Nürnberg, Wetzlar, Friedberg as well as numerous small villages) there wasn't that much glas on the street. Haven't hurt my feet in any way since I walk barefoot anywhere. But...I have to admit that once you are barefoot you totally change the way how you observe your surroundings...which is good :)

Hippie vibes?...naahh...not for me...I had been a Punk back in the 80s and left over is my Mohawk...but no Hippie vibes :D

And...I guess I'm kind and friendly but most of all I'm very open minded and that's the reason why I do this...I have nothing to loose but can win a lot :)

...and....I kinda miss the nice smell of weed but I quit smoking 14 years ago ;)

7 hours ago, swdivad said:

No, except at home and at the beach for swimming... otherwise I think it's really dirty and unclean

What's the benefit?

Ohh...lots of benefit...some are just subjective some are objective...

Subjective: It feels just right for me, can't tell exactly why but I feel uncomfortable with wearing shoes now since I walk barefoot. For my wife and me every day feels a bit like being on vacation. I bet this feeling will fade away in a few month but for now it's just nice :)

Objective: Your feet will become more healthy. I for example had flat feet (which is something many people have to deal with) and after two month walking barefoot the shape of my feet is back to "normal". My doc is amazed about it :)

You get a constant foot reflexology which is very good in many ways.

Your feet don't have to be in a dark and humid cage...shrooms and bacteria like that a lot, feet don't.

Dirty...yes...but so what...our skin is just amazing...all you have to do is to wash your feet and they are clean again...it's only unclean if one is unclean and in this case it doesn't matter if one walks with or without shoes :)

And...as I already said above in this thread. When I enter a building I clean my feet with a wet wipe while all the other people just leave their dirty shoes on. I won't judge them but I experienced a lot of (wrong) judgement being barefoot.

• 2 months later...

On 29 September 2017 at 5:08 PM, docthor said:

Ohh...lots of benefit...some are just subjective some are objective

After last weeks experience,      ""N O,  NEVER AGAIN !!"

I rarely ever walk barefooted unless at the beach or in extreme circumstances where I am forced to.  

Last week, I went from my front door of the house to the car on the road to pick up our shoe box as we had gone to the pool.
I felt like I had stepped on a pebble which I could handle, but after showering I felt as if I had instead stepped on a nail.  I kept ignoring it as I thought that I was think about it too much.  Come bed time I could not put the palm of my foot flat down.  Next morning, I could not walk and had severe swelling under my foot.  Went into my clinic and GP sent  me directly to hospital.  Cutting a long story short,I had the doctor us a scalpel to remove that area removed from under my foot.after a few days of strong antibiotics!  Hours later, he came in and showed me that a very fine shard of glass had been trapped there.  I am still on strong antibiotics As I write here.

Good for you!????Maybe for you, but as far as I am concerned I prefer to live in a civilised world.  Why stop at walking in bare feet????  Stop wearing clothes, stop showering, tell the Mrs to stop shaving her legs and armpits, stop washing the dishes and eat out of the same dishes every day.  That might also be good for you!!!LOL!!

Edited by Timelord
Spelling errors
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I stepped on a weever fish whilst surfing in the sea once. Yes it hurt, but the skin grew over the fishes spine (like a rose thorn) that was left in my toe. Several months later my body forced it out - I was like “what the *#^%???” as I rubbed my toe and then pulled out a 5mm piece of fish! No harm done. 

After last weeks experience,      ""N O,  NEVER AGAIN !!"
I rarely ever walk barefooted unless at the beach or in extreme circumstances where I am forced to.  
Last week, I went from my front door of the house to the car on the road to pick up our shoe box as we had gone to the pool.
I felt like I had stepped on a pebble which I could handle, but after showering I felt as if I had instead stepped on a nail.  I kept ignoring it as I thought that I was think about it too much.  Come bed time I could not put the palm of my foot flat down.  Next morning, I could not walk and had severe swelling under my foot.  Went into my clinic and GP sent  me directly to hospital.  Cutting a long story short,I had the doctor us a scalpel to remove that area removed from under my foot.after a few days of strong antibiotics!  Hours later, he came in and showed me that a very fine shard of glass had been trapped there.  I am still on strong antibiotics As I write here.
Good for you!????Maybe for you, but as far as I am concerned I prefer to live in a civilised world.  Why stop at walking in bare feet????  Stop wearing clothes, stop showering, tell the Mrs to stop shaving her legs and armpits, stop washing the dishes and eat out of the same dishes every day.  That might also be good for you!!!LOL!!

Yeah...it's very civilised to bash me for your bad experience...I see that...

10 minutes ago, docthor said:

Yeah...it's very civilised to bash me for your bad experience...I see that...

Who is bashing?

we are all free to do as we please and how and what we find right for us!.  You began a thread about "any barefooted walker around here?" And we are all having our say!  Relax!!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Timelord said:

Who is bashing?

we are all free to do as we please and how and what we find right for us!.  You began a thread about "any barefooted walker around here?" And we are all having our say!  Relax!!

I understand where you are coming from!

here it is illegal to drive a car without footwear!  There are certain places where you are not even allowed admittance without proper footwear.  Any injuries to feet not safely covered receive no compensation from insurance companies especially in shopping centres!  There was a case like that here not long ago!

23 hours ago, Timelord said:
Who is bashing?

??

So this...

...wasn't pointing at me?
Then I'm sorry...I thought with "you" you meant me but maybe I was just wrong.

Btw...6 month barefoot now and no injury and lots of my feet probs are gone.

I found you do have to be careful when it's cold out. My boy wanted to be like me and walk barefoot on the ice so he tried it, but stepped on some rock salt I'd thrown out. That stuck to his feet and he got frostbit several places. Same with the dog, you can't let them walk in salt before you go out in the snow.

I bought the barefoot Adidas trainers, 70% of profit goes to providing shoes for those that have nothing around the world. I can’t do it unfortunately as I can too easily injure the right foot and not know about it. Good on you and your family though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1