When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex doesn't approve of customisation

Sogeha

It is hard to keep track of the growing number of boutique companies that customise Rolex watches. My view is that apart from the gorgeous products from Tempus Machina, they all offer pretty much interchangeable PVD coating or hideous monstrosities of technicolor for those with deep pockets and no taste. One that I was vaguely aware of, Blackout Concept, has seemingly done something rather interesting. Want one of their products and don't want to harm a perfectly good Rolex, or maybe can't afford said Rolex? Well now they offer watches that look "cough" a little similar to Rolex models. For the price of a Noob V7 you can now buy a Canal Street fake with Miyota movement and Blackout's own custom dial.

http://www.blackoutconcept.com/en/product/25946/

What an absolute bargain

• Like 1

2 hours ago, capre said:

Funny part is that purists are perfectly fine with people buying watches such as the one you linked, but when it comes to counterfeits/replica its like the worst thing a human can possible do to mankind.

Yes and you can't convince me that the case, datewheel, bezel insert and bracelet aren't from the rep factories. As for the "Swiss Design", yes because we stole it from a Swiss company???

40 minutes ago, Mike on a bike said:

So they are not going after them, strange..................On another note pick one up up put in a one of our dials and your their w/ what I assume is a quality watch ready to hit the water.

I'd love to know if it is a quality watch in the sense of manufacturing tolerances and waterproofing. I think most of the metal is standard rep parts and Miyota movements while being reliable workhorses are hardly a sign of a quality watch. A Sub rep with Miyota is what $150? That is one expensive dial you are replacing.

I think with a bit more QC proper care taken in putting it together seals etc it could well be the same case sets we get on the rep models but live up to the specs they post. On another note if your making a run of let's say a mid case your legit buyers get your best as they will reject seconds you put those on the side for your illegal buyers.

On 13/09/2017 at 9:25 PM, Sogeha said:

It is hard to keep track of the growing number of boutique companies that customise Rolex watches. My view is that apart from the gorgeous products from Tempus Machina, they all offer pretty much interchangeable PVD coating or hideous monstrosities of technicolor for those with deep pockets and no taste. One that I was vaguely aware of, Blackout Concept, has seemingly done something rather interesting. Want one of their products and don't want to harm a perfectly good Rolex, or maybe can't afford said Rolex? Well now they offer watches that look "cough" a little similar to Rolex models. For the price of a Noob V7 you can now buy a Canal Street fake with Miyota movement and Blackout's own custom dial.

http://www.blackoutconcept.com/en/product/25946/

What an absolute bargain

What a mistake reading this....i am now poorer by a few hundred bucks as I fell in love with it and had to get it. Got the Project X Heritage HS01 hehehe

Edited by Peashooter

IMG_8868.thumb.JPG.7ceed1598827df34d5fe39ac95d785d9.JPG

IMG_8869.JPG

IMG_8870.JPG

No lug holes and I don't think it's a 8mm crown. The red triangle market on the bezel is not a good as the one by Tempus Machina obviously. Lug holes & the crown can be solved if one is willing to throw money into the project but the bezel and dial by TM is problem that is not easily solved. Just the QC pics so gotta wait 2-3 weeks before it reaches me.

That model isn't a copy of the Tempus Machina, Project X is a separate company entirely. I have seen a few ceramic bezels with really nice red triangles on the net, if one carefully measured it might well be possible to find a really good replacement for that too. I haven't had time to do the research yet though.

• 2 weeks later...

My Project X Heritage HS01 by Toro.

Well I am impressed by the markings as it looks like everything that should be there is there. 

There is some issues though which I find annoying.

The crown is 7mm instead of 8mm which is much more desirable.

The AR on it is nothing to shout about, you can see the difference in reflection of the spotlight pictures I took in comparison with the rep IWC, the IWC wins hands down.

IMG_20170924_171644.jpg

IMG_20170924_171703.jpg

IMG_20170924_171726.jpg

IMG_20170924_171630.jpg

IMG_20170925_000847.jpg

IMG_20170925_000943.jpg