When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Newer SA3135 better?

K12AN

I have read lots of bad reviews on the SA3135 - but considering that this clone movement has been round for over 5 years, I'd expect that there's been some improvement?

I understand that there was an update/upgrade done on the SA3135 - so all recent watches should be more reliable perhaps?

Anyone have a 2015/2016 watch with SA3135 and care to share their experience of its reliability?

Thanks

SH3135 is pretty much a clone, SA3135 is not a clone, just dimensionally the same. I understand they improved the winder shaft and reliability has improved, but that there are still no replacement parts available. Reports are that many are finding the latest give service without issue, especially after a clean and oil service, but if it breaks, it's scrap. The good news is the SH/Yuki or even a gen movement slots right in it's place

SH3135 seems to be making its way into the JF watches - but NOOB seems to be sticking with the SA3135.

Ideally NOOB would also make the switch...or SA3135 would be improved.

Good to know that if I were to buy an SA3135 and it were to pack up, the SH/Yuki could slot it.