When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seadweller 2017 126600 43mm SS/SS Single Red BP A2836

psuskp

This watch is on Trusty Time with the following specs for only $238. Is this for real? I mean, I know it is a replica, but is it really sapphire crystal for that price?

I'm looking to buy my first Rolex rep. Do you think this is a good choice? I like the Daytona style as well, but I gather that reps for those aren't as good.

Thanks,

Steve

http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=17387:393760f8b157bbed2929b0ecb0eda7e3

MOVEMENT: Nickel Plated Asia Clone 2836 Automatic Movement, 25J, 28800bph
**Also available with Asia 2813, 21600bph movement option for USD188 ONLY 
CASE DIAMETER: 43mm
THICKNESS: 14mm 
DIAL COLOR: Black Dial with Round markers and "Single Red" Graphic on Dial
(With Blue Superlume Applied)
CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 316F 
BRACELET: 
Solid Stainless Steel 316F with Flip Lock Deployant Buckle
FRONT GLASS: Sapphire Crystal (Same thickness as Genuine) - Etched crown at 6:00 position
CASE BACK: Solid case back with detailed engraving
BEZEL: 
Uni-directional Ceramic Diver Bezel, Anti-Clockwise (With Superlume on Bezel Dot)
HACK MOVEMENT: Yes
CLASP TYPE: Deployant 
Buckle
DATE INDICATOR: At 3:00 position (Adjusted via the crown)

OTHER REMARKS:

Waterproofed to 30m direct from Factory
HE Valve at 9:00 has same color tone as genuine

Hi and welcome sir !

Yes, this is a true deal because BP factory is known to make some decent watches at a good price also....this is a pretty good choice but afaik there is no super replica of the 126600 right now, even this one :huh:

You will find better reps like the Noob sub V7, the New ARF Daytona, the OP 114300 from JF ....They are more expensive but really near the real deal ! :inverted:

^^^What he said^^^ There has been some discussion on another forum I belong to. Sapphire crystals are not the big deal the high end watch companies would like you to believe, it's actually quite cheap and readily available and also a lot is made in China. As my French brother said, this isn't the greatest replica ever, but it is also a long way from the bottom of the pile quality wise. 

I just noticed the different available movements...

MOVEMENT: Nickel Plated Asia Clone 2836 Automatic Movement, 25J, 28800bph
**Also available with Asia 2813, 21600bph movement option for USD188 ONLY 

Is it worth saving $50 to opt for the 2813? What are the differences?

Thanks,

Steve

Honestly it depends what you want out of the watch. The Chinese 2836 is a pretty decent movement with parts availability and can therefore be repaired and serviced indefinitely. It can also at some stage be swapped out for a Swiss ETA 2836 if that appeals. The 2813 has a lower beat rate than the gen and the 2836, it can suffer from a noisy rotor and sometimes a second hand stutter, on the other hand it as cheap as chips to buy a replacement movement if it is ever needed. 

I have watches with both movements, you pays your money and takes your choice

Thanks for the info. I just made the order with the 2836 option. I also found a $15 off coupon around here somewhere!

If I take it to a jeweler to get get some links taken out for size, are they likely to have an issue with it being a rep?

Get the 2836. The lower beat movements are noisy and the date font is bad. The new sea dweller has its faults when compared to genuine. Im interested in this model aswell but waiting for a better version from noob or JF. Look up noob seadweller4000 thats considered great quality out of the box.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

My Sea-dweller arrived yesterday. Shipping was much faster than anticipated. I love the watch (though I expect people on this forum will see a lot of flaws that I don’t yet know enough to notice.)

One issue . I had thought the new Sea Dweller would have a 22mm lug width, but I’m pretty sure this is 20mm.
70fffa301410473888e4f3f4f7bd62fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well at least the minute hand is the right length. The new ARF looks good, but they have used hands probably from a 40mm rep, that are too short.

No rep is ever totally free from faults if you look hard enough, but at $458, we shouldn’t have to play the old game of buying from two different factories and mixing and matching parts. Let’s hope ARF V2 comes out soon with the correct hands

7519A2AA-A02C-4526-AE15-6F671BB1FA9E.jpeg

I feel better for getting that rant off my chest?

Picky, picky stuff. I think the date font is too thick, which is a BP tradition. The font on the bezel is too thin and slightly the wrong colour, the Rolex crown seems a tiny bit vertically compressed, and the Seadweller text isn’t bright enough. All this looks bad at x300 magnification, at normal size on your wrist, nobody is going to call you out in the street. Enjoy your watch it’s fine, my recent experiments have shown most people can’t tell an $8000 gen from a very poor $20 fake, if they can they are probably a member here

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sogeha said:

Well at least the minute hand is the right length. The new ARF looks good, but they have used hands probably from a 40mm rep, that are too short.

Hi Sogeha,

I think the longer looking minute hand on mine may be a parallax issue.

I might have little Donald Trump hands, too. :-(

Am I right in thinking the black ring on the bezel looks better on the ARF? Is that something I could upgrade later? What would that cost me?

It's a 2824 versus a 2836 movement on mine.  Which is better?

The ARF has 904L, but I have read not to trust those claims. Should I?

At any rate, the ARF costs about twice as much, so I would still opt for the one I bought if I could do over.

Best,

Steve

I wouldn’t buy the ARF as it is currently. It’s a lot of money for a watch that has issues.

hmmm, 2824 vs 2836, well if you are talking Swiss original which we are not, then 2836 is generally thought to be slightly better from a technical point of view. Real world, not much difference. However the 2824 has a crown position nearer to the Rolex position, the 2836 is a little low. Again, we are real picky, like who notices these things but us.

The bezel, at the moment nobody knows if they will swap, because nobody has tried. It might or might not be a straight swap. 

904L steel isn’t something I give a hoot about. Some claim to be able to tell 904L from 316 by sight. I certainly think there is a very, very slight difference if the watches are side by side in exactly the same lighting conditions. How slight? Well when Rolex first started using 904L, they made the watch case 904L and the bracelets 316, enough said. Also a few people have allergy issues with 904L. I guess it’s nice to have if the claims are genuine, but I’m not bothered and would rather have other details correct.

I think for the model in question you have chosen the more sensible option available at the moment. 

On 10/12/2017 at 7:04 PM, Sogeha said:

I wouldn’t buy the ARF as it is currently. It’s a lot of money for a watch that has issues....

How about the new BP?

http://www.ttw-1388.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=17861

They offer either an Asia 3235 or a Swiss 2836. Which would you choose? 

I think the hands look longer. Not sure of the bezel is as good as the ARF. What do you think?

Personally I would never even consider paying for a Swiss ETA from a dealer. As has been discussed many times before, they are usually old movements, worn and dirty, repaired with a mix of second hand and Chinese parts. Save the money and consider buying a Swiss movement from a reputable supplier at a future point. The “Clone 3235” isn’t a clone at all. There is no clone of this movement at the moment. Most likely it is a Chinese 2836. I despise deco plates on movements and they seem even more silly on a watch with a closed back. That is my personal view and others my disagree?

Edit, I just checked the dealer link above and the deco plate and Swiss movement options are the same price, but a bit of digging and a none deco plate 2836 option is available and should be $30 or so cheaper. That would be my choice until the ARF has better hands

SH3135/Yuki is pretty much a clone and most genuine Rolex movement parts fit, SA3135 that Noob uses is only dimensionally the same, but takes genuine hands and dial. A3135 is a Chinese ETA clone decorated to look superficially like a Rolex movement.

All very confusing and many threads have been posted on the subject.