When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Confessions of a Iwatch sinner....

cavi

When the iwatch first came out a couple of years ago I swore I would never give up my automatics for one.  I remained faithful until this last week when I received a Iwatch3.  Originally I only bought it because it now is waterproof and can make phone calls without having to have my phone.  The idea being that  could use it when on my sail boat as a safety net, and also on bike rides.  So it arrived and I have used it now for a couple of days to get used to it.  Problem is it really is convenient and useful.  for example, last week while working on a patient my son called me and I was able to see it was him without even stopping to go get the phone.  Real good!  Then for txt messages it is fast and efficient, turn your wrist and talk in to it and boom.  It just works.  Now I have to just try and stay away from it, as I know it is evil!!!!!

I went a similar route about a year back. Gave up mechanical watches in favour of a Garmin Fenix 3 and now Fenix 5 activity/sports/smart gps tracking watch.

Only put a mechanical watch on these days when I go for a night out.

In fact. the Fenix 5 is the only watch I have ever worn 24hrs a day. Tracks sleep, HR, steps & stairs climbed. Coupled with tracking my Mountain Biking & Swimming & cycle commutes, it gives me a very good insight to how healthy I am. 

I don't know guys, I'm a retro gearhead and a geek, so I'm pulled both directions at once. I love mechanical watches, always have, but I'm also drawn to high tech and love the idea of tracking sleep and exercise. I kind of wonder about the two wrists, two watches route, but what I would really like is something even more discreet than a watch for all that tech stuff, because I'm never giving up on my mechanical watches. Hell I still use a sundial every day!

awhile back I saw just you want it was a sort of smart puck that attached to the back of any watch and turned it in to a smart watch.   I honestly only went for the iwatch as I figured if I was out sailing in the middle of winter and flipped my boat at least I could call my wife and say goodbye!!!!  But now I am hooked

I honestly only went for the iwatch as I figured if I was out sailing in the middle of winter and flipped my boat at least I could call my wife and say goodbye!!!!  But now I am hooked

Seductive the dark side is

resist you must

true to your calling you must be

vintage Submariner a Jedi wears

IMG_9080.JPG

Talking of things a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. @Legend's watch looks like CP30's head, in a good way. Now if it was gold and had smart capabilities....

I don't know guys, I'm a retro gearhead and a geek, so I'm pulled both directions at once. I love mechanical watches, always have, but I'm also drawn to high tech and love the idea of tracking sleep and exercise. I kind of wonder about the two wrists, two watches route, but what I would really like is something even more discreet than a watch for all that tech stuff, because I'm never giving up on my mechanical watches. Hell I still use a sundial every day!

Actually I had the same idea , I had my ap on left wrist and my fitbit blaze on the right one .

Initially it attracted quite a few eyeballs but I get used to it. Going to gym I would just use the fitbit blaze while the normal day to day both of them are on my wrists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk