When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Autavia wherefore art thou

StormTooper4

Ita makes no sense where is the Autavia ????  surely dropping in a A7753 would be nice an easy 

autavia_2017_leather_strap_5_l.jpg

Does anyone know what the problem is? Why do we not have one ? 

AutaviaRindt2017SideBySide1200.jpg

I really need one of these PLEASE 

Edited by StormTooper4
  • Like 2

Agreed it is lovely and I would like to see it. A Swiss 7753 is expensive, is there a Chinese one? It could be produced with an A7750, which would make it easy for us to put a 7753 in later. I guess the rep market is driven my Chinese domestic demand and perhaps this watch isn't well enough known or respected there  to bother with. 

1 hour ago, Sogeha said:

Agreed it is lovely and I would like to see it. A Swiss 7753 is expensive, is there a Chinese one? It could be produced with an A7750, which would make it easy for us to put a 7753 in later. I guess the rep market is driven my Chinese domestic demand and perhaps this watch isn't well enough known or respected there  to bother with. 

There is an a7753 which can mostly be seen in the PAM187 reps or some of the other PAM chrono reps.

If they are going to rep it with an a7750 at first an a7753 (or swiss doesn't matter) won't fit due to a slightly different sub dial position. So it has to be reped directly with an a7753 or we don't have the chance to switch to swiss unless one goes the franken way with a gen dial :)

Thanks Thor, I didn't realise that. I thought people here had put 7753 movements into reps that came with A7750 with sub dials at 3,6,9 I seem to remember @panerai153 selling something a year ago that I thought he had done that to. I could be wrong, it's been known to happen

Well...we are in the rep world so literally everything is possible :D 

I'm just saying what I have been told by Domi since he's my master watchbuilder ;)

But if someone established a way to use a 7750 case and dial to fit in a 7753 why not...I just wonder how the quick date change should work then...maybe it won't :g: