When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5512/13 Dome Options...

e30m3

So, after doing a ton of reading, it would seem to be the consensus that CWP in Hong Kong does the best T19 "Superdome" crystal. Thing is, it's $97 with shipping, and I'm really trying to keep costs down on this one (a cartel 5513). My understanding is that the CWP crystals are not only more faithful to the original Rolex profile, but are more clear, too. But my question is, who's second best? The Clark "Superdome" crystal is $17 shipped, which as I'm sure you're all aware is eight Old-Fashioneds cheaper. Is it THAT much worse? And as long as we're on the topic, what's wrong with the cartel crystal (flame suit on)?

Thanks!

It's all about the clarity and the multi colored retractions you get from a top end crystal. It really is worth the money.

Here's a comparison that includes a CWP crystal too:

https://rwg.cc/topic/179038-a-tropic-crystal-comparison-and-gallery/

Man, I really would have preferred a "Oh - there's this one for five bucks that's just as good!" but I'll have to concede. Jack - both of those crystals are going for the original (not service) profile, right? I can definitely see the rehaut diff...

How about on the Tropic 39's (not service cut)? Same situation there? Does Ofrei have something decent? I can't tell from the site's descriptions. I'm afraid of dropping the $97 on the CWP, waiting the month, then cracking it trying to push it in!