When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is asking for a good pearl too much?

tyrantblade

Trying to wait patiently for the 2nd sourced watch; hopefully with a good pearl is killing me (not really).

I know there will be some flaws (and there are); but a horrible pearl (too small, bad position; the bezel pearl hole seems the right size so theres a sizeable gap between the pearl and the hole its supposed to fill) is something i cant get past in the $300+ (before shipping) price range.

It just comes down to is the pearl good (big enough, good position), and is everything on the dial straight.

Ive had CrPOs that had a nearly perfect pearl a few years ago; so idk how there are many JHFs with a terrible pearl now (some look good depending on the model and if its listed as JHF or OMF; with OMF being much better; but in reality they are the same factory)

2 hours ago, kernow said:

Depends on the rep; some are known to have bad (wrong type of) pearls. If it's that bad then reject it. 

Thats the odd thing; earlier ones listed on some dealer sites as JHF have terrible pearl; later ones listed as OMF on different dealer websites have a very good pearl.

I requested the same watch with a better pearl nearly 5 days ago, still no 2nd watch for QC and im at the point where it can either be sourced; or i will want a refund and have to wait until some factory comes along and bothers to make sure the rep has a good pearl.