When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch parts

Jack1993

Hi guys, here I have my 5513, I’d just like a point in the right direction in terms of what I should do first and the most important things to take me in the right direction, potential gen mods but good generic will be more cost effective of course, 

image.jpg

I already posted on the other thread, but it kind of fits better here. Copy & paste

An old and tested piece of advice is to find a genuine watch online that you particularly like and copy it.

Decisions:

Pre 1967 with gilt dial or later white dial print

Pointed crown guards or rounded only applies on an early version

domed or flatter service crystal

replacement crown?

leather, NATO or bracelet. If you are keeping the bracelet, take it off the watch and drop it in baby oil for 24 hours

How much, if at all do you want to age the bezel

Once you know what you are shooting at, we can help with suppliers and links to tutorials, guides, inspiration 

Perfect I’ll give that a go! Cheers boys 

Also, I wouldn’t mind changing the dial, I may leave the case shaping for time being, don’t feel confident doing that myself, crown certainly change, and bezel I’d like to age, apart from that I want to try and give the Watch my own wear and tear, I have a Swiss eta I am going to replace for the 2813 

50 minutes ago, tomhorn said:

I actually prefer White Lightning Clean Ride for bracelets. It's a dry wax lubricant that will actually clean out the gunk and won't attract contaminants.

And this stops it from rattling also? How do you wash the strap after application 

7 hours ago, tomhorn said:

I actually prefer White Lightning Clean Ride for bracelets. It's a dry wax lubricant that will actually clean out the gunk and won't attract contaminants.

I use that also for reasons above , good stuff!

Jack I wipe it down real good w/ a soft absorbent cloth and let it dry.