When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Good 2846 source?

e30m3

As the title reads... 

Looks like NOS movements can be had for $185ish, and questionable “Swiss Military” used ones on eBay are $55ish. Either one will need a service, so get the cheaper one? Or is there a better place? Is there one that WON’T need a service?

4 hours ago, tomhorn said:

I have used two of the "Swiss Military" 2846's. Had them both serviced and have had no issues. There was an eBay seller in the Philippines that always had several of them listed. Think I paid less than $50 each including shipping to the US.

Same here. I bought 4 of them from him, and all were genuine ETA, and all needed just a cleaning service. 

19 hours ago, tomhorn said:

I have used two of the "Swiss Military" 2846's. Had them both serviced and have had no issues. There was an eBay seller in the Philippines that always had several of them listed. Think I paid less than $50 each including shipping to the US.

This one ?   https://www.ebay.com/itm/ETA-VINTAGE-SWISS-MILITARY-2846-WITH-DECENT-DIAL-HANDS-STEM-CROWN-/272861496559

5 hours ago, themannier said:

Yeah. I just bought the other gold one. The black diver face one appears to have a brassier balance wheel. But what do I know. 

9 hours ago, highoeyazmuhudee said:

service will run $100-$200.

Anyone in the US recommended?