When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Thought it was time to say Hi

w0rn

As the title said, thought that it was time to write a few words on here and introduce me as I have been an registred member for some time.

Have mostly hanged out on RWI, but I feel that I want to be part of this community more from now.

When I started to search for info for the latest build that I had done for me by tripdog over at RWI, I saw how much knowledge there was on vintage rolex on here.

It got me reading, so I just thought it's time to start writing also.

Here is a couple of picture of the 6542 that I got built for me by tripdog just recently.

gF2oETF.jpg

mBnToID.jpg

fMLXPU3.jpg

The parts in this build is Vietnam case/bezel/insert and dial, crown and plexi is rolex parts and the bracelet is an yuki one with gen rolex clasp.

As for the movement it's an ETA 2893-2.

Here is another build that was put together for me by slaughterer for some time ago.

SKY3tWb.jpg

It's an mix of different rep factory parts put into one build.

The base is an v6f with an Hfac dial on it and ETA 2836 movement inside.

The crystal and the cyclops is from prof and there has been done alot of finishing details on it by slaughterer.

Hello and welcome to our part of the community. You will find us a little less lively and boisterous than RWI, we have less members for a start. On the other hand many of us are members of several forums including RWI, so you should recognise plenty of guys here already.

Two great watches there, It looks like you have already figured out the best suppliers and modders. Slaughterer is with us as well. Tripdog’s builds are going from strength to strength. May I ask where you sourced the Vietman parts from please?

Thank you for the welcome @Sogeha

It don't bother me that it might be as you wrote "lively and boisterous" on RWI, if you're not interested in that part you learn to avoid it and become a part of what interest you instead.

And have already seen some familiar faces from RWI on here so it almost feels like "home" here to.

Sourcing of the Vietnam parts was made by tripdog, so don't know from where or who he got it, other than it was from a seller in Vietnam.

Edited by w0rn