When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Greetings from the Northland!

Hello Everyone!

I've heard some good things about this place on other forums, so I thought I'd stop in, take a look around, and say "Hi". I'm new to RWG, but I'm not new to watches or watch forums.

As far as watches go, up to this point I have mostly been into homage dive watches, micro brands, and building Seiko based custom watches. However, as I suspect it has for many of you, this interest has led me into the world of reps. My favorite watch of all time is the Rolex 6538 big crown, gilt dialed "Bond" Submariner, which is why I also own a MKII Kingston. However, if I could build my own 6538 rep, how cool would that be?

My current reps include a ZF Tudor Black Bay Blue, and I have a JF 16610LN without the rehaut engraving on order. Other than that I'm not sure where my interest in reps will lead me, but my guess is that I will try my hand at building a rep of the aforementioned 6538, as well as a 5517 Milsub, and probably a red Submariner 1680. We'll see.

Cheers,

LT

Sent from my Android device via Tapatalk.

Welcome aboard! Those choices put you right smack in the sweet spot of about 100 build articles here... you're in for a treat.

Let's see some photos of that MkII Kingston! :Jumpy:

• Like 1

Welcome aboard! Those choices put you right smack in the sweet spot of about 100 build articles here... you're in for a treat.

Let's see some photos of that MkII Kingston! :Jumpy:

Thank you! And yeah, I noticed that. I've already followed some of the vintage build threads I ran across, now I just need some time to read them.

Oh, and the Kingston. It just so happens that I wore it today, so here you go.

260e187e218ff150582e32a26fb551f5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hello brother. Good to see you here. I will dig out a 6538 build thread by our brother Dbane and send it you. Believe me it is unreal

Here you go
Talk about grail watches, that is mine. I want it more than I want a genuine 6538
Thanks for the welcome and the link. I can see I have some modding skills to hone in order to make something like that. It's awesome! I can see why it's a grail.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1