When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Longest you have waited for a rep?

tyrantblade

I know its a big waiting game; but since the last rep i bought before my current order was like 2-3 years ago; im not used to waiting an exceptionally long time for (2nd watch) QC .

1st watch was QCd after a few days; and ive been waiting nearly 3 weeks for the 2nd watch to get to Trusty and QC done on it.

Im not expecting perfection; just good alignment and a good pearl; i know the rep has some obvious Flaws, but the big ones are on the movement (spelling mistakes) and i can live with that.

Way back when Maria was still making MBWs I sent a big wad of cash to the original "Scotty" and started waiting. He had the direct line to Maria so I was guaranteed a piece.

Almost 3 months later, with zero communication, a package arrived at Chez Nanuq with the prettiest little DR Sea Dweller I'd ever seen. They both came through. :tu:

I had that happen once. I shipped my 6536/1 to The Zigmeister and it disappeared in the mail. Three months later it came back, box torn open and retaped several times, with orange Customs stickers saying "Canada does not allow shipment of counterfeit goods". They had no idea it was genuine.

• Like 1

I can understand that sometimes it takes dealers time to source a good piece etc.

However, what I find quite frustrating is the lack of communication when doing so.

I'm sure we've all experienced how excellent their communication is prior to payment being sent...then it suddenly goes very very quiet with days (sometimes weeks) without a word.

I am waiting on 2 watches from a TD (will not name yet) and I've not heard any update for 12 days...I have been very careful not to bug them, but have requested an update after a week.

I can appreciate that it annoys them when customers constantly hassle them for updates, but I am NOT doing this. I have politely requested to know the latest.

I'm sure that the TD's make a very healthy margin on the watches and making a good living.

I think that if they are managing 10-15 customers at a time, it would take a maximum of 30 minutes a day to send an email to provide an update. It should be standard.

If they have 10's of clients, then surely they could afford to hire someone to respond to emails on their behalf.

Either way, not responding or providing regular updates when someone has handed over a sizeable amount of money is really not professional and generally bad manners.

I have no doubt that my TD will come through for me - and it appears that they are all the same when it comes to irregular communications when we are in the limbo phase of waiting for a piece to be sourced.

However, I would be happy with just an update even stating that they are still trying to source a decent example of the watch...at least I know they are trying and my money isn't lost.

On 11/5/2017 at 8:32 AM, tyrantblade said:

Well; i got a message from Trusty that he should have the 2nd watch after the weekend; hopefully that means 2nd (hopefully better watch) QC soon.

Are you waiting on a TT PO chrono? Temwperature? My buddy just got his after 3 months wait... DOA. I've been working on it, swapped the bicompax bits over to a new 7750 only to have the hand posts not fit back on the movement. Thinnest, softest hands I've ever seen. If it is indeed that PO(s)... I'd cancel it if I were you.

I'm waiting 2 weeks today on two for me, and i'm already over it. It's too long.. Wish there was some option besides "wait forever, maybe something comes". Especially at $30 for shipping. EMS express my @ss!

On 11/22/2017 at 2:48 PM, P4GTR said:

Are you waiting on a TT PO chrono? Temwperature? My buddy just got his after 3 months wait... DOA. I've been working on it, swapped the bicompax bits over to a new 7750 only to have the hand posts not fit back on the movement. Thinnest, softest hands I've ever seen. If it is indeed that PO(s)... I'd cancel it if I were you.

I'm waiting 2 weeks today on two for me, and i'm already over it. It's too long.. Wish there was some option besides "wait forever, maybe something comes". Especially at $30 for shipping. EMS express my @ss!

Nah, i went for the 8900 caliber Blue Dial/Bezel Planet Ocean; its basically the dial layout of the CrPO but with a Ceramic/Liquid Metal dial/bezel insert which has this cool color change aspect; looking black inside/with weaker sunlight, and looking more of a shiny blue in stronger light.

The movement is really beautiful besides the stupid spelling mistakes and it feels like a really high quality watch; much like the last Planet Ocean i had; which was a Noob 8500 CrPO.

My only complaint is it seems like the bezel alignment is off by half a click as i cant get it to center, its always not far enough or too far.