When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Royal Oak - Alternatives?

Matty186

Hi Folks, I am in search or some watches that are similar is style, design, and shape and form of the AP Royal Oak. I am interested in what people have seen in the way of reputable brands (new or niche), as well as reps and gens.

I'm not looking for reps of the AP as such, but rather similar styles and designs from any decent watchmaker - quartz or Swiss automatic, low end to top end.

I love the AP and have always been a fan, I'm just interested in what else is out there and what experiences other have had if on a similar search...

Thanks!

I saw something very reasonable looking for pocket money on Aliexpress, other than that you could hunt down one of the old Bulova’s, but I think they go for about $1000 now. Something you could consider is buying a straight out replica and removing the AP logo from the dial. The holes and empty space could then be covered by a logo of your own design from egologo. Not a straightforward “buy and wear”, but it could be a fun project and give you a nice and very personal watch

Updated with pictures

1DA4387D-2AC7-46D9-8DE9-FDC30C5F9DD0.jpeg

C29CF2DF-7F1E-411B-A0F8-51B65A51722C.jpeg

28B1D90D-C32E-4E0F-AB64-B777037B891D.jpeg

49E7E086-CCA2-4071-91B0-AEED467A2150.jpeg

2AF425E1-0FA1-42F3-8245-DF98318B6AD2.jpeg

83649A05-B4F2-41A0-9A3B-1020F224AB4C.jpeg

76ADAF22-67D7-4764-8D70-B1FB4304A204.jpeg

Thank you Sogeha!
I have looked at the Bulova ones previously but they are harder to come by now, but look very nice, price wise they are very good to.

I love the idea of a personal design based on a rep, I had not even thought that was possible before so will definitely look in to that option - in particular egologo. I love the concept and the idea....

Has anyone experience of designing custom watches before like this, based on reps or others?

Thanks for the quick response, this is great!

Hmm, experience might be pushing it, but myself and a few other guys here have modded Seikos, I’ve also done Vostok and Sub type watches. Actually I am in the early stages of commissioning some gilt homage dials for a group on another forum I’m on.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/BULOVA-ROYAL-OAK-GENTS-QUARTZ-WRISTWATCH-c1980s-MOD-REF-C897185-MINT-COND/391923403312?hash=item5b40748a30:g:I1QAAOSweM1Z8gr6

Also I just found an old company called Astromaster made a Royal Oak like model. I know nothing about them, but could be worth a few minutes research for you