When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

does this happen often to you guys?

tyrantblade

Just wondering if it happens often to some of you that you order a watch hoping for everything to happen quick

But then something takes much longer than you hope for and then the next best thing and what you hope for will be that the order comes to your house by the next event

By event i mean stuff like a holiday, your own/a family members birthday, graduation party; whatever reason there is behind buying the watch (if theres a specific reason).

I don't order many watches; whether rep or gen and my recent order is my first in a good 2 or 3 years.

I suspect it would of been much quicker, but the watch i wanted is only available from 1 factory to so far and unfortunately some of their watches are prone to a terrible pearl (i think old stock)

Which i didnt think would be a big deal; but then a better watch getting from Factory to TD took almost 1 month and since i have approved the 2nd watch its been almost a week and watch not shipped yet.

So what i was hoping would arrive by October is now hopefully going to arrive by Xmas.

For as long as ive been around the rep forums ive actually had only maybe 6 transactions with TDs, so you could say this is a frequent occurrence for me; but hopefully its not something that will keep happening when i do buy a 2nd or 3rd rep

Since i keep going back to 0 watches and then i buy a few and eventually i go back to 0 all over again.

I think ordering for the first time is a little bit scary for most of us. If you don’t have a watch or only have a couple, then obviously you are kind of excited and waiting for the delivery. I long ago reached the point where I have more watches than is in anyway sensible. I usually order, then more or less forget about it, it shows up when it shows up. They mostly do show up.

I think I am waiting on five watches from here and there at the moment, I’m not even sure. 

26 minutes ago, SSTEEL said:

Rule of thumb is whenever ordering a watch from a TD, NEVER order/purchase with a deadline/expectation in mind, just order, and forget about it and you will be surprised when it lands.

That is also a good approach when dealing with modders too! :partytime:

• Like 1