When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bezel Alignment issues common?

K12AN

I am seeing this quite a lot and wondered if this is common?

The bezel is not aligned perfectly and is visibly off - I have highlighted this with the line drawn on.

This doesn't appear to be a 'click' issue - so if its moved a click in the direction to resolve the alignment, it looks too much (hope that makes sense).

Do a lot of people get this issue and how can it be fixed on a DSSD or SD4K (both NOOB).

DSSDJC.PNG

I haven’t tried just sliding it round, but I have removed inserts and replaced them in a better alignment and warming the bezel with a hairdryer or heat gun, does help soften the glue. Be careful, ceramic inserts are brittle, if sliding works it would definitely be safer than trying to remove it. 

On an Omega Seamaster with a ceramic insert I removed the whole bezel. Then carefully with a sharp knife I slowly prised the insert away from the glue and removed it from the bezel. Not too difficult and took maybe 20 mins. Easy to refit the bezel and then lastly the insert.