When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New pickup - Titanium PO from Trusty

XM195

Today I'd like to present to you my new Omega PO:

I bought it from Trusty, who I want to thank again for his great service.

It's really great looking, bezel is perfect, it was a little rough at the beginning but after few turns it's ok. Case is nice, with correct lug width etc. Lume is great, really I've never seen such bright and smooth lume. Marvelous!
Now for the movement. It's ETA 2836-2 (It was described as 2824 but it's ok I guess). However I had some problems with it. After a week of using I was correcting the date and the stem came out. I left it at local watchsmith to fix it, and he said that the watch is kinda late like 5 mins a day. He suggested that the movement needs cleaning. I knew that sometimes ETA mov. used by factories are sloppy or just old, but on QC this watch had +6secs/d which was acceptable. However the watchmaker said that the movement looks nice and new. Nevermind though, he wanted like 250$ for cleaning and re-oiling it so... I guess I'll wait or just dismantle the watch and bring movement only so nobody gets distracted by OMEGA logo :) Or maybe someone from here would like to help me with it? Discounts for students are welcome :) 
I'd also thank @Sogeha @kernow @k4jun and @SSTEEL for their help regarding this watch. Cheers!

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You are right. BP sux with their "ceramic" inserts.

BP SubC insert is not ceramic, actually I am not even sure is it metal or just some polymer.

tQtr5DQ.jpg

BP CrSMP insert - quite tired and clearly the edges are scratched in many ways.

mU5Pq78.jpg

qIyNWrH.jpg

P2eWm6m.jpg

Btw, what happened to your watch?

14 minutes ago, k4jun said:

Btw, what happened to your watch?

Just don't like the scratched bezel. Wanted to change it under warranty and one of the Arugmentov I pointed out a link to his site where clearly written that bezel should be ceramic, but the Chinese are very greedy... Well lost one potential customer... I will not take the replicas ever again... Ceramics-not ceramics... Mechanism Swiss-not Swiss... Sadness

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...