When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Improved 7206 Rivet Bracelet Replacement (Coronet)

Guest BimmerLover

Guest BimmerLover

Hello Guys,

Lately on M2M i see some 7206 replica bracelet whit improved coronet on clasp.

(Stolen pics from m2m sale, hope to do not disturb the seller here)

IdhVV0y.jpg&key=0ec427f1a8996f614ce910b4

I looked and search everywhere for one like that but i not found anything.

Anyone know where i could get an improved one?

Thank you in advanche for help

Guest BimmerLover

Thank you for your reply.

You know a direct source from Vietnam? I read that a lot of people buy from there but beside a disappereas seller from ebay and minh qui i did not found any source :(

The 7206 is one of my passions. For best results buy the Yuki. You need to thin it down a tad as it is thicker than the gen. The ends are ugy and sharp but easily reshaped to follow the lugs. You might also want to lightly sand down the tips to fit after following the contours of the lugs. But for the best Coronet go gen. You will pick up one for around €150-€200 or the entire clasp for $350-$450. That solves the coronet problem which is just off on the Yuki although I read somewhere that they had improved but i have not seen a new one. And do not forget to flatten the spiky rivets. 

OM2poZc.jpgRgVn1AT.jpgch2VDav.jpg?1

Edited by Yllekp
First pic not needed
  • Like 1

It is possible to re-shape the dodgy Yuki coronet with a fine diamond file, which is what I did. I also ended up using MQ endlinks, which took a bit of surgery to fit. However, they are a better shape than what I received from Yuki. They were so flat they looked as though they‘d been stepped on.
e53c0fd7d4eb4ab827d01f55f2462935.jpg
70878bdafe6d98624549848e9a68e681.jpg

24 minutes ago, jackflash said:

It is possible to re-shape the dodgy Yuki coronet with a fine diamond file, which is what I did. I also ended up using MQ endlinks, which took a bit of surgery to fit. However, they are a better shape than what I received from Yuki. They were so flat they looked as though they‘d been stepped on.
e53c0fd7d4eb4ab827d01f55f2462935.jpg
70878bdafe6d98624549848e9a68e681.jpg

Nice work as usual Jack. Yep the Yuki ends are like razor blades. They are workable on but take a lot of patience and fear that you will completely destroy them. From what I can see your MQ ends attach to the bracelet better than the Yuki ends. There is just not enough metal on the tab especially when you widen it to take the 2mm Fat bars. . I have mine pushed out to the last.

4 hours ago, capre said:

They still are crap. After i ruined one bracelet i bought this one from @hologramet who had modified it to fit one of his midcases. With a few smaller modifications it fits my midcase like it was ment to be.

So you used mine almost straight off?

Sweet.. yeah.. the whole thing is mehh.. But some grinding, buffing and polishing (as Mythbusters confirmed) you can have a sparkling turd.

• Like 1

So you used mine almost straight off?

Sweet.. yeah.. the whole thing is mehh.. But some grinding, buffing and polishing (as Mythbusters confirmed) you can have a sparkling turd.

I actually only had to bend one endlink just a tad and shave off 0.2mm on the other. Ive worn it well since i got it and it is only getting better the more wear and tare it gets. In my oppinion its more than a sparkling turd. But it does need alot time and modifications to get it just right.

Here is a couple of pictures of a reworked yuki rivet bracelet

Mounted on the bracelet is a gen clasp cover and the yuki cover is the one beside it.

Can't say for sure if the yuki clasp cover is of the better and newer batch but as it was bought quite recently it might be.

As @Yllekp wrote and you can see in one of the picture, using an gen clasp cover on it makes a huge difference, it's not only the coronet that differ on the clasp cover between the gen and the yuki one but the total form and shape of the clasp cover is much better. 

I can take no credit for this work on this bracelet as it was done by someone else, just showing the difference as it could be of interest.

8XtTUUc.jpg

Oa9wrmB.jpg

Edited by w0rn
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, w0rn said:

Mounted on the bracelet is a gen clasp cover and the yuki cover is the one beside it.

Can't say for sure if the yuki clasp cover is of the better and newer batch but as it was bought quite recently it might be.

As @Yllekp wrote and you can see in one of the picture, using an gen clasp cover on it makes a huge difference, it's not only the coronet that differ on the clasp cover between the gen and the yuki one but the total form and shape of the clasp cover is much better. 

I can take no credit for this work on this bracelet as it was done by someone else, just showing the difference as it could be of interest.

8XtTUUc.jpg

Oa9wrmB.jpg

I did not do the work on mine either except for the end links. I believe from looking at that GMT that we may share the same Craft Master. 

As [mention=74537]Yllekp[/mention] wrote and you can see in one of the picture, using an gen clasp cover on it makes a huge difference, it's not only the coronet that differ on the clasp cover between the gen and the yuki one but the total form and shape of the clasp cover is much better. 

8XtTUUc.jpg&key=3da269f5cdde7662da4036717b0f4a2d791bd17b887628db1d0121253b6f24f9
Oa9wrmB.jpg&key=3c80c479a1c71e2bac47d01d0b5cdba14b164319c7f3808415babd26e289ce9b
Looks great! Just ordered my yuki bracelet today. What work did the modder do on your bracelet besides the changing of the clasp cover?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5321 met Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Replica01 said:

Looks great! Just ordered my yuki bracelet today. What work did the modder do on your bracelet besides the changing of the clasp cover?

Can't really say for sure what he did on it, sorry about that.

But as @Yllekp wrote and you can see if you compare the yuki bracelet with mine, the heads of of the rivets is flatter on mine compared with the yuki one, so they are flatten.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Replica01 said:

If it is the same as the work done on mine and I believe it is. The the bracelet sides have been shaved. The links have been polished brushed and slightly thinned down. The Yuki is thicker than the gen.  

• Like 1