When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help Me Find A Watch:)

trent.wisian

Hello RWG, I need some help. I've never had a rep watch, and I'm looking for my first one. But, I've run into a problem. I can't decide between these 3 watches:

Noob v7 Submariner green A2836

Noob Yacht master Rhodium Dial A2836

Noob Oyster perpetual Rhodium Dial A2824

If anybody has any input for which watch is overall better or if I should buy from a different maker, please let me know. All advice is welcome! Also if any of them are on sale on a TD or you know of a TD that sells them cheaper, let me know. I'm really just looking for the most reliable, accurate, and bang for your buck watch. Thanks everybody!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on your style. I would go for the Hulk myself. I am trying to track down a V6s 2836. I have had four of them including the V6s with a real ETA. 

The movement depends on what you want. If you want to imitate the winding of a gen 3135 then go SA3135 but it may not be the most reliable movement in the world. Also hard to find parts, and it takes few gen parts so if it messes up you may have to replace the movement. If you want a solid rep go A2836.

AFAIK They are all the same in terms of build quality so it is up to your own personal choice really which model you got for. I have never had the OP though but they are really popular at the moment. 

Advantage of the sub, if you do not like it it will sell very fast in M2M on the rep fora from my experience. 

Shape of the crownguards are different depending on the movement. Crown height also differs. If you want the most gen like case shape go for the SA3135 version. But be aware of the facts mentioned above considering the movement. And those reps are more pricey.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Personally I don't like the YachtMaster bezel (the lack of contrast between the numbers and the bezel itself...)

Have you ever thought about it?

My first choice would be the Oyster Perpetual... less "eye catching" and more "ordinary" 

I favor the hulk personally

Depends on your style. I would go for the Hulk myself. I am trying to track down a V6s 2836. I have had four of them including the V6s with a real ETA. 

The movement depends on what you want. If you want to imitate the winding of a gen 3135 then go SA3135 but it may not be the most reliable movement in the world. Also hard to find parts, and it takes few gen parts so if it messes up you may have to replace the movement. If you want a solid rep go A2836.

AFAIK They are all the same in terms of build quality so it is up to your own personal choice really which model you got for. I have never had the OP though but they are really popular at the moment. 

Advantage of the sub, if you do not like it it will sell very fast in M2M on the rep fora from my experience. 

P, you’ve hit the ground running since your arrival here and the forum is more vibrant with your presence. I’ve checked the leaders tab and surprised to see your name being one of the top daily members. Way to go mate. Thank you for all that you do.

9 hours ago, Legend said:

P, you’ve hit the ground running since your arrival here and the forum is more vibrant with your presence. I’ve checked the leaders tab and surprised to see your name being one of the top daily members. Way to go mate. Thank you for all that you do.

Second that. Hopefully your home will be back up soon and you will have work to do there, but always remember you have a second home here mate

2 hours ago, DonDucker said:

Where do you order one from?

Hulk looks super nice! Just out of curiosity what difference does that rep Hulk have against a Gen (not talking internally) but what would "give it away" to a nob like me just seeing it like that it looks super legit.

The green color of the bezel insert is still not 100% and the date font and crystal/cyclops could be tells. Also for certain reps you get poor SEL fitment, misaligned markers but these could be corrected etc

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sogeha said:

Second that. Hopefully your home will be back up soon and you will have work to do there, but always remember you have a second home here mate

On 12/26/2017 at 2:58 PM, Legend said:

I favor the hulk personally

Thanks guys :) I have taken a break for a few days, Trying to get my watch mojo back :)

17 hours ago, DonDucker said:

How are the oyster bracelets for the Subs compared with the Gen's? Look wise and quality...will they scratch easier? Do they feel cheap and nasty to the touch?

Noobs are very well built. They can be a bit sharp out of the box but wear nicely. They by no means look cheap or tacky. They use 316L sttel as opposed to Rolex 904L steel. Supposedly 904 is less prone to scratching but steel is steel it will scratch gen or rep unless you are stupid careful with it and the what would be the point. I prefer reps because you can enjoy wearing them without having to feel protective. 

This is a 3 year old Noob V2 It still look amazing in my humble opinion. The bracelets are even better on the newer ones and ARF are now repping Rolex in 904L steel and it look like they are doing a great job. 

zvN8dsC.jpgm1m5lMQ.jpgSbAqqA3.jpg

2 hours ago, Yllekp said:

Thanks guys :) I have taken a break for a few days, Trying to get my watch mojo back :)

Noobs are very well built. They can be a bit sharp out of the box but wear nicely. They by no means look cheap or tacky. They use 316L sttel as opposed to Rolex 904L steel. Supposedly 904 is less prone to scratching but steel is steel it will scratch gen or rep unless you are stupid careful with it and the what would be the point. I prefer reps because you can enjoy wearing them without having to feel protective. 

This is a 3 year old Noob V2 It still look amazing in my humble opinion. The bracelets are even better on the newer ones and ARF are now repping Rolex in 904L steel and it look like they are doing a great job. 

zvN8dsC.jpgm1m5lMQ.jpgSbAqqA3.jpg

Thanks for the reply. Watch looks great from pictures 3 years on, what model is that, does it have the ceramic bezel?

You mentioned ARF are using the gen steel, sorry but who are ARF and how do I find their products?

Also I notice that the dial on most of the reps when it comes to the font, they just dont quite match, spacing of letter and the font is just slightly off. At least on the Noob subs... is there any way to get a more accurate dial?

10 hours ago, DonDucker said:

Thanks for the reply. Watch looks great from pictures 3 years on, what model is that, does it have the ceramic bezel?

You mentioned ARF are using the gen steel, sorry but who are ARF and how do I find their products?

Also I notice that the dial on most of the reps when it comes to the font, they just dont quite match, spacing of letter and the font is just slightly off. At least on the Noob subs... is there any way to get a more accurate dial?

That is a Noob V2 114060 No Date. Trusted Dealers called it many things, V2, V5.1 r even V6. It is the one directly before the Noob V6S

ARF are a new factory the TDs are using. Check out the TDs websites. 

Dial configuration depends on what batch of parts the various factories receive and assemble. They vary some are more close to gen than others. The Noob V6s by all accounts is the closest so far. Remember it is a Rep so you are getting a pretty great watch for about 5% of the cost of a gen. You will not get 100% perfection.

The Rep golden rule:

vc7vgCb.jpg

nice, is there anywhere I can see the V6s model, I see allot of subs but hard to know what model Im looking at old or new etc?

Yes my understanding is that you will get a great looking watch for a fraction of the price of a gen... however half of the challenge has to be "how close is it to the real deal" (aesthetically). With modifications exactly how lose to the real deal can you get it?

And who will do further mods to a rep? Have PM's BK he replied one message but then hasn't got back to me (might be busy).

Im really keen to know.. Im ready to dive down the rabbit hole :)

2 hours ago, DonDucker said:

nice, is there anywhere I can see the V6s model, I see allot of subs but hard to know what model Im looking at old or new etc?

Yes my understanding is that you will get a great looking watch for a fraction of the price of a gen... however half of the challenge has to be "how close is it to the real deal" (aesthetically). With modifications exactly how lose to the real deal can you get it?

And who will do further mods to a rep? Have PM's BK he replied one message but then hasn't got back to me (might be busy).

Im really keen to know.. Im ready to dive down the rabbit hole :)

The V6s is unavailable now and hard to get but they do come up in M2M but rarely and are gone in no time.

To get close buy a Sub with a SA3135, not reliable but can be swapped for a gen 3135 or SH/Yuki 3135. Then find a gen dial and hands. Gen parts are not that easy to find but with some networking you will get to know how to find these parts. 116610 Frankens come up regularly in M2M sales on my home forum. 

There are plenty of modders out there who can do this work. Just like buying from a TD read about them and decide who to go with. The rep watch rabbit hole is a dangerous one. For example a franken 16613 cost me probably 60% of the gen price. A true franken SMP 2531.80 cost me 90% of the gen price I ended up selling the parts and going gen. 

2 minutes ago, Yllekp said:

The V6s is unavailable now and hard to get but they do come up in M2M but rarely and are gone in no time.

To get close buy a Sub with a SA3135, not reliable but can be swapped for a gen 3135 or SH/Yuki 3135. Then find a gen dial. Gen parts are not that easy to find but with some networking you will get to know how to find these parts. 116610 Frankens come up regularly in M2M sales on my home forum. 

There are plenty of modders out there who can do this work. Just like buying from a TD read about them and decide who to go with. The rep watch rabbit hole is a dangerous one. For example a franken 16613 cost me probably 60% of the gen price. A true franken SMP 2531.80 cost me 90% of the gen price I ended up selling the parts and going gen. 

Wow, it really adds up.

Could you plz point me in the right direction to find credible modders?

Just now, DonDucker said:

Wow, it really adds up.

Could you plz point me in the right direction to find credible modders?

I am only finding my way around this forum. I do not really know who is around here. I use my own watchmaker. He works on my watches on the quiet. So I am just lucky :)