When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWI Hangout

Yllekp

@Sogehakindly said I can start a RWI thread here. I have no news for any of our exiles but I will let you know what I hear if and when I hear it.

To all my friends enjoy the time in exile, from what I see there is a lot to read on here so happy days :)

Patrick

• Like 3

Indeed guys, you are all very welcome here. Our hobby is small enough, we don’t benefit by constantly sparing with each other. All the fora are different which is good for the hobby as a whole, many of us are members on more than one and most of us have a clear home forum. Regardless of that we are all part of the Brotherhood and family sticks together in adversity.

Welcome guys, 

And if you are a Mod on RWI, post that you are in this thread, No need to keep your status hidden here.

• Like 4

Que and Sogeha you guys are 100% correct.  Our hobby is small enough and last years hit made us smaller.  A lot of people never came back.  I am worried what will happen now because this was an attack on its members.  We need too stick together and continue our friendships and brotherhood.  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, occb2 said:

Que and Sogeha you guys are 100% correct.  Our hobby is small enough and last years hit made us smaller.  A lot of people never came back.  I am worried what will happen now because this was an attack on its members.  We need too stick together and continue our friendships and brotherhood.  

Good to see you yet again R and you are 100% correct.

8 hours ago, Legend said:

You’re welcome here of course my friend Dr K. In fact it’s a real pleasure.
You remember me I presume@Yllekp ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A how could I forget you my friend :) We should catch up.

9 hours ago, nikki6 said:

Good to see you over here sir, hope the problems get sorted asap for you guys. Meantime, kick back and grab some knitting needles!! emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

S long time no speak. We never did get around to having that pint. But I am goiing down to the hooha in Halifax hooha in February if you want to take a trip down south.  

11 hours ago, QueTip said:

Very friendly gesture @Sogeha.  I can only second what you said. All of us should stick together. Especially in times like this where one of the forums has been hacked. 

Oh, yes and welcome @Yllekp (I finally know your username by heart) :1a:

Good to see you again my friend :)

Now everyone be duly warned. I will pollute your site with my 21j OOB cheapies and my complete disregard for details on a watch :) So here is your chance to boot me now lol.

It is always great to see so many familiar faces in here at this unpleasant time.  

Edited by Yllekp
  • Like 2

No! Patrick is sound and the four forums form a complex and interwoven web. Our friendships run across the boards and sometimes to brothers who are not active on any board. Watches are what bring us here, but I really don’t think it is just watches than make us log in every day. We are a community and only we can define what that community is and what it means to us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sogeha said:

Our friendships run across the boards and sometimes to brothers who are not active on any board. Watches are what bring us here, but I really don’t think it is just watches than make us log in every day. We are a community and only we can define what that community is and what it means to us.

Never a truer word said.

1 hour ago, QueTip said:

We're just a pretty cool bunch, that's it. :yeah:

I think you nailed it A :)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Thrasher said:

Hello Gentlemen. A very Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday season to everyone. Thank You for having us.

Sorry RWG, it looks like all the RWI rowdies are coming lol. Good to see you G. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yllekp said:

Thanks Pat I'm a good guest, This whole thing and of course the Holidays makes me feel as many have said. We need to put away or petty differences of opinion and just enjoy our hobby. It's fun to see the Usual suspects though in a different environment, We must be the true believers. 

_MG_24298fda6243881a0460.jpg

Over here we have the equivalent of The Brig and it’s called the Compulsory Sweater Knitting Class.
You, sir, and QueTip bring the RWI madness with you to the knitting circle and definitely deserve to attend said class by reputation alone, but because you guys are also such perfect gentlemen, why don’t we all hang out here together instead while waiting for RWI to be back and better than before? The madness is on you and the beer will be on me.
Welcome brother and remember that despite how@nikki6 may look, eye make up isn’t the norm here.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Legend said:

Over here we have the equivalent of The Brig and it’s called the Compulsory Sweater Knitting Class.
You, sir, and QueTip bring the RWI madness with you to the knitting circle and definitely deserve to attend said class by reputation alone, but because you guys are also such perfect gentlemen, why don’t we all hang out here together instead while waiting for RWI to be back and better than before? The madness is on you and the beer will be on me.
Welcome brother and remember that despite how@nikki6 may look, eye make up isn’t the norm here.

Are you saying @QueTip lied he said I have to wear eye make up and a mini skirt when I log in here. I believed him. He is not getting any Christmas card from me for that. 

Seriously though the outpouring of solidarity in our time of need is heart warming. After what happened with the hack, I personally needed that uplift.  

• Like 2

Seriously though the outpouring of solidarity in our time of need is heart warming. After what happened with the hack, I personally needed that uplift.  

And because of that I advised you to come here!!! 

Allow the little lie with the make-up. We all gotta have some fun on someone else in a while. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1