When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RWI Hangout

Yllekp

4 hours ago, Legend said:

YM2? And I thought you are a full-fledged AP guy already P. 

I am actually down to 4 APs now :( Three of them are in my watchmakers :( 

Too many franken Rolex recently made me liquidate most of my APs :( I will rebuild but it will take time. It is much easier for me than some of you guys. I am pretty happy with APs OOB I do not have the same need for detail so it is not as costly an exercise for me lol. 

Just now, PlanetZoom said:

Now that you know, do you like it?

I actually do. It is a big lump of a watch. It looks like there is a 7750 inside but no chrono function, running seconds hand and a frozen hand at 6. No regatta function either of course. But as big watches go this is not a bad one. I love TTs. However I find the white dial a bit bland. So would I buy a Super Duper Franen of one, probably not but I picked this up for something like €80 so no complaints here. Would I pay €300? Maybe I would have eventually if I had not picked up this one. It is not a must have. 

11 minutes ago, Raddave said:

LMAO you know me to well jakers , was wondering if the glove on your other hand said the SOUTH FACE, or if that was on your unders :p

11 minutes ago, Raddave said:

LMAO you know me to well jakers , was wondering if the glove on your other hand said the SOUTH FACE, or if that was on your unders :p

yup as expected LMAO

1 hour ago, Yllekp said:

I actually do. It is a big lump of a watch. It looks like there is a 7750 inside but no chrono function, running seconds hand and a frozen hand at 6. No regatta function either of course. But as big watches go this is not a bad one. I love TTs. However I find the white dial a bit bland. So would I buy a Super Duper Franen of one, probably not but I picked this up for something like €80 so no complaints here. Would I pay €300? Maybe I would have eventually if I had not picked up this one. It is not a must have. 

Looks cool, it does look big.  I'm planning on getting one of the Noobs to start--either rolesium or rhodium.

Just picked up my ym2 from RWI before the crash. In beginning was the same way, curious to its presence and really enjoy having it in rotation. Kept in all SS theme15e2790605d5004863a06793741380de.jpg

Don'
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, xj4sonx said:

Day 2 with a much wanted watch I've chased for a while
Extremely happy
Thanks for having us all
c9b5bf464366db3bf7a8714c102d8e1a.jpgf9bc9ca26bf5aa2e95dea67034e0ce21.jpg77515c20b9d0512bc2a58dd4798dc140.jpg1c5a12ea1397566d961fdeed8f9adb90.jpgbd7cc0160ebc5800af2613f6fa0c8247.jpg6f80468fdc9dc582fe10b0ceca02928d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well done J :)

7 hours ago, macarone said:

Just picked up my ym2 from RWI before the crash. In beginning was the same way, curious to its presence and really enjoy having it in rotation. Kept in all SS theme15e2790605d5004863a06793741380de.jpg

Don'

Not bad in SS either :)

Just picked up my ym2 from RWI before the crash. In beginning was the same way, curious to its presence and really enjoy having it in rotation. Kept in all SS theme15e2790605d5004863a06793741380de.jpg&key=d929607b879ad524c0ae926e4bf94eb35d876688e0c5cff2fe27019e22cb5f57

Don'

Looks very nice seriously. How is the accuracy of the watch visually VS gen? I’m heartened to see the recent apparent quality of the reps, especially rolex ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks very nice seriously. How is the accuracy of the watch visually VS gen? I’m heartened to see the recent apparent quality of the reps, especially rolex ones.

Heard mixed reviews of this piece with its incorrect hands issue and seconds markers where Swiss made is placed. It’s the JF 2017 SS Rep even wo working regatta function (no sailboat yet lol) I’m pleased with this model compared to my other higher end reps and my gen bluesy.,

Don'

Heard mixed reviews of this piece with its incorrect hands issue and seconds markers where Swiss made is placed. It’s the JF 2017 SS Rep even wo working regatta function (no sailboat yet lol) I’m pleased with this model compared to my other higher end reps and my gen bluesy.,

Don'

I’m willing to bet a dollar to ten that what you get in real life when wearing this is “nice watch dude!” or the equivalent. The intricacies of the details are mostly for the forum members to debate over. In real life this will pass as a gen Rolex where most people are concerned, as long as the wearer looks the part. ;)

• Like 1