When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Game Over

madasboot

Yes.

Game over for me.

These projects were started in 2005 and have now 12 years in the making.

Results can't get better than this.

Investments were serious in time, sourcing, mod and a gathering of skills, not only mine (thank you Stephan, thank you Gordon, thank you Ross).

6152, with old eb. Cortebert / Rolex, cal. 618 (among other special features as a 1/1 double bezel custom made etc..)

3646, with old eb. Cortebert / Rolex, cal. 616

2533, Idem

Photos are crappy, but I am not very good at it.

After all these years the irony is, I find each one of them huge and less and less wrist time.

I am considering to let go of the 3646 for a grail vintage Phong Blancpain FF no rad dial.

In the meantime enjoy and Merry Christmas to all.

A big cheers to all the mod pioneers that shared along the way and to the friends I made here from 2004 on.

IMG_8679.JPG

IMG_8680.JPG

IMG_8681.JPG

IMG_8682.JPG

IMG_8683.JPG

IMG_8684.JPG

IMG_8687.JPG

IMG_8688.JPG

IMG_8689.JPG

IMG_8691.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Definitely a desk clock for me.

No wrist time, especially the 3646.

If anyone is interested its a 3 piece case (prototype) a 3 layer anodised dial and a cortebert cal.616 with rlx engravings.

I can consider a trade if anyone has a decent modded vintage Explorer 1016 to let go.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

What are you looking for that 3646 setup ?

i don’t have my 1016 anymore, but I’m about to list a 16610 franken. Or if I sell it I’d be interested in taking this off your hands. I really miss my 3646

On 8/12/2018 at 7:15 AM, madasboot said:

If anyone is interested its a 3 piece case (prototype) a 3 layer anodised dial and a cortebert cal.616 with rlx engravings.

I can consider a trade if anyone has a decent modded vintage Explorer 1016 to let go.

Thanks!

• Like 1

On 8/12/2018 at 7:15 PM, madasboot said:

Thanks!

1 hour ago, altesporsche said:

What are you looking for that 3646 setup ?

i don’t have my 1016 anymore, but I’m about to list a 16610 franken. Or if I sell it I’d be interested in taking this off your hands. I really miss my 3646

Guys

Good intentions, but kindly do the sale/trade/purchases in the trade section please, thank you. ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Legend said:

Guys

Good intentions, but kindly do the sale/trade/purchases in the trade section please, thank you. ;)

I Hear what you are saying, but this is a 7 month dormant post and no one had intentions of turning it into a sales thread. I simply said I’d take that “desk clock” off his hands for him... 😬 cheers ! 

• Like 1

Just now, altesporsche said:

I Hear what you are saying, but this is a 7 month dormant post and no one had intentions of turning it into a sales thread. I simply said I’d take that “desk clock” off his hands for him... 😬 cheers ! 

lol, brother, pardon me sometimes. When I miss a date with Ms Morning Coffee, you can ignore 50% of what I say. 

2 minutes ago, Legend said:

lol, brother, pardon me sometimes. When I miss a date with Ms Morning Coffee, you can ignore 50% of what I say. 

Lol I know what you are saying 😂 I hate thread crappers, and wouldn’t have said anything along the lines of what I said if it wasn’t 7 months dead lol 

• Like 1

On 9/2/2018 at 2:30 PM, Nanuq said:

If anyone is on the fence about our seller, take it from me... this is one of the good guys.  Marco has been around since day one and he's trustworthy.

:tu:

Thank you so much for the reference Nanuq! I really did appreciate it. Cheers my friend. :) 

On 9/2/2018 at 2:30 AM, Nanuq said:

If anyone is on the fence about our seller, take it from me... this is one of the good guys.  Marco has been around since day one and he's trustworthy.

:tu:

Uh.. Did you not just here Legend say take it to the sales corner?! :lol2: :lol2:

On 9/8/2018 at 7:09 AM, P4GTR said:

Uh.. Did you not just here Legend say take it to the sales corner?! :lol2: :lol2:

Thank you but I guess there may have been a misunderstanding here.

And maybe I was responsible for that - If so, my apologies.

This is not a sale or trade post, I only manifested my will of letting the 3646 go.

I am around for very long and I know the rules of the forum.

In case I decide for it for sure I will do it in the proper way, announcing it in the sales / trade section.

Regarding your quote, I do not know Legend or Altesporsche - in fact it is almost a decade from my last contribution on the forum and except Ross, Rolf, Alex and Bob (and maybe a few veterans more) most of the old guard members seem not to be longer around - but if somehow my remark did generate any uncomfortable situation, please do accept my apologies.

Anyway, I think there should be more interesting things to interact about, like the process behind the results, techniques and / or the watches themselves.

Probably thats the major difference I notice here, compared to 10 years ago.

Best,

M.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, madasboot said:

Thank you but I guess there may have been a misunderstanding here.

And maybe I was responsible for that - If so, my apologies.

This is not a sale or trade post, I only manifested my will of letting the 3646 go.

I am around for very long and I know the rules of the forum.

In case I decide for it for sure I will do it in the proper way, announcing it in the sales / trade section.

Regarding your quote, I do not know Legend or Altesporsche - in fact it is almost a decade from my last contribution on the forum and except Ross, Rolf, Alex and Bob (and maybe a few veterans more) most of the old guard members seem not to be longer around - but if somehow my remark did generate any uncomfortable situation, please do accept my apologies.

Anyway, I think there should be more interesting things to interact about, like the process behind the results, techniques and / or the watches themselves.

Probably thats the major difference I notice here, compared to 10 years ago.

Best,

M.

Yea that's the stuff I like reading about, the build and the process. It seems these days a lot of that is limited to the builders themselves.  I dabble with building watches myself and would love to hear the history of these fine pieces you have.

Cheers and thanks for sharing them !

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2018 at 2:55 PM, Tribal said:

Great ones from the old days.
After the reps get better over the years, we can see the old stuff is something special and can't be beaten this days.
Wonderful pieces, I like a lot!!!

Hey @Tribal! Thx so much.

This one was built to become a vintage one day... already looks like one.

ageing like a good wine :)

best,

M.

On 11/7/2018 at 4:21 PM, Nanuq said:

A virtuoso performance by Il Maestro. :tu:

Hey B.,

thank you :)

it has now a new dress.

I found out three artisans that produce the best straps ever for a very reasonable price.

This strap was tailor made for my wrist with one of the best vintage leathers I ever experienced.

They are COZY and they are Singapore based artisans, very low profile but their work...

1254AD75-48BA-4A81-954D-FD4BD61A0ECB.jpeg

tuxedo black strap (hand made | hand sewn to the buckle - original butter knife plated from the late 30’s - and, of course, to the watch)

8FBF1D6F-ACD8-4153-818A-1FA024C5880E.jpeg

D54515CA-9A71-4D30-8E3A-D737D40CC56F.jpeg

E79361A6-9D71-438B-82CD-97AA8FF6D993.jpeg

76900351-4016-4556-AEDC-3D28B1E57941.jpeg