When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Game Over

madasboot

5 hours ago, manodeoro said:

You're welcome emoji6.png
I'm not exactly a Pam guy because of my skinny wrists but ... great thread, great work and really great watches

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) Plus en utilisant Tapatalk

Thank you so much manodeoro...

this was a slow process build taking almost 11 years from start to strap with lots of intermediate mods and stories.

It was serviced for the last time in 2011 and still keeps accurate time.

in fact these are big watches altough by design (under the correct specs) they are quite comfortable over the wrist.

at least they do not slide to the side as most of the smaller watches.

saludos! :)

7 hours ago, madasboot said:

Thank you so much manodeoro...

this was a slow process build taking almost 11 years from start to strap with lots of intermediate mods and stories.

It was serviced for the last time in 2011 and still keeps accurate time.

in fact these are big watches altough by design (under the correct specs) they are quite comfortable over the wrist.

at least they do not slide to the side as most of the smaller watches.

saludos! :)

That's what I love the most about watches, the process and the building, do that's why I really appreciated your thread.

11 years ... just wow !!!

Though I'm far from being a young guy I'm here just since late 2016 ... plus I must admit that 11 years ago I would have said "reps ... not for me ever".

But the building process, the research, sometimes the engineering ... I love that so much that I don't think I could ever stop now.

I'm even considering printing my own dials.

Not decal printing as I already did some, I mean silk printing or even pad printing ... the real way.  

Congratulations ... your watches are great so keep them and wear them ... hope you won't mind if I try to "rep your reps" 😉

Yep, Madas is one of the old timers.  Hover your mouse pointer over his name in his posts and in your status bar you'll see he's member #411.  He was here literally from day one when we migrated over from the sinking ship that was our first RWG.

This gentleman represents the best of RWG.  We have a few guys that have been here since the beginning and they bring their skill, passion and gentlemanly approach to everything they touch.  It's much appreciated to see them still around.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 3:15 AM, manodeoro said:

That's what I love the most about watches, the process and the building, do that's why I really appreciated your thread.

11 years ... just wow !!!

Though I'm far from being a young guy I'm here just since late 2016 ... plus I must admit that 11 years ago I would have said "reps ... not for me ever".

But the building process, the research, sometimes the engineering ... I love that so much that I don't think I could ever stop now.

I'm even considering printing my own dials.

Not decal printing as I already did some, I mean silk printing or even pad printing ... the real way.  

Congratulations ... your watches are great so keep them and wear them ... hope you won't mind if I try to "rep your reps" 😉

Thanks again manodeoro.

at the time resources were scarce as well as information, especially regarding old watch models.

lots of joint efforts, knowledge sharing, trial and error processes and sometimes pure luck.

most of the thrill came from sharing and joint efforts on sourcing movements and or parts, producing or assisting production of components, comparing, improving but most of all learning within a community.

today one just pays for the right parts, for the right servive and can have one wonderful piece in less than a month without travelling, without anxiety or excitement (I guess).

more than the result itself is the process and the people involved, some still around others unfortunately gone.

And at some point, building was a complex challenge.

Best results take some time to achieve.

thank you for your compliment and we will be around :)

M.

On 11/16/2018 at 4:21 AM, dluddy said:

Fantastic as always Marco :tu:

Hey D. Loooooong time...

thank you! How r you doing?

best,

M.

On 11/15/2018 at 5:52 AM, Nanuq said:

Yep, Madas is one of the old timers.  Hover your mouse pointer over his name in his posts and in your status bar you'll see he's member #411.  He was here literally from day one when we migrated over from the sinking ship that was our first RWG.

This gentleman represents the best of RWG.  We have a few guys that have been here since the beginning and they bring their skill, passion and gentlemanly approach to everything they touch.  It's much appreciated to see them still around.

Hey B.

Touché... :)

thank you for the compliments.

I try to visit from time to time, always with the same enthusiasm;

always finding something new to learn or something old to share but most of all  stepping into the pleasure of common grounds.

thank you for keeping the flame.

best,

M.

• 1 year later...