When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer 214270JF v2 - Movement SH 3132?

SUK

Question

Hi,

I’m seriously thinking about buying a explorer 214270 v2 JF sh3132. Cause it is described as super rep in some forums and I like its simplicity and elegance. Here you can find a link.

https://www.intime02.co/rollie/3291-explorer-i-214270-2016-baselworld-39mm-v2-jf-1-1-best-edition-on-ss-bracelet-sa3132.html

I’ve search in the forum about the Sh3132 movement but I did not find a lot. It says that it is a good movement but needs to be serviced straight after receiving it. In some dealers it is also announced as SA3135.

Do you have more experience about that movement? Reliability? Maintenance? Spare parts?

Thanks and merry Christmas

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

1 answer to this question

I'll respond here because this is what I found searching on SH3132. I purchased the 214270 for the same reasons. The winding mechanism and wheel train accept Rolex original or after market parts (still not cheap) so can be serviced, the balance assembly, however, looks like Seagull and is a pain to regulate accurately. The recommendation for service is because even though the parts are OK the assembly and oiling may be done haphazardly by less skilled labor, resulting in excessive wear and unexpected performance. I think it's cool the movement could fool a casual observer, but the need to wait weeks for a service by a community watchmaker and seeing the basic balance wheel under a loupe has been sobering reality check.

As to the  SA3135 it is an entirely different movement that does not have interchangeable parts and is even more hassle to service.  Dealer websites are notoriously error prone: do your research and interact with a TD.