When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can anyone verify if this GMT batman is fake?

swdivad

At a first glance I think it‘s gen. But your pic is too bad resolution for me.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Indeed, insert blue color seems correct (and they always get this wrong!!) but need more pics

Here’s my gen for reference, office LED lighting
5efece9705cac09007a6c85119502694.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sorry brother the OP's is fake.  The insert is not even close to real.  Look at the font.  Big give away is how skinny the numbers font are way too skinny.  The rehaut engraving not correct.  Look @efthi watch.  The crystal clear cyclops the crisp engraving on the rehaut and last but not least the nice ceramic insert with the correct size and font.  Or it is a really crappy picture.

Sorry brother the OP's is fake.  The insert is not even close to real.  Look at the font.  Big give away is how skinny the numbers font are way too skinny.  The rehaut engraving not correct.  Look [mention=78171]efthi[/mention] watch.  The crystal clear cyclops the crisp engraving on the rehaut and last but not least the nice ceramic insert with the correct size and font.  Or it is a really crappy picture.

SEL seems not correct as well.. but the insert looks gen or close to gen because the hue of the blue is correct and no rep has ever been close to gen... still I cannot be sure!

Merry Christmas to you and your family by the way

More I look at it the worst it gets. Look at the hand pinions.  The GMT hand where it attaches on to the pinion is too big.  The seconds hand is also wrong.  Looks too me like a ETA.

Just now, efthi said:

SEL seems not correct as well.. but the insert looks gen or close to gen because the hue of the blue is correct and no rep has ever been close to gen... still I cannot be sure!

Merry Christmas to you and your family by the way emoji319.pngemoji320.png

You too brother. 

• Like 1

Those pics look a little better.  At least the rehaut looks better from the one pic.  I dont know.  Have him open the back and show you the beautiful 3186.  

Why doesn't he send you a set of good pics?  Why all angle crap that looks odd?  If I were trying too sale/buy a $9000 watch I would send or require a lot more pics that 2 at really odd angles.  My gut is still no it isnt real until he proves it.

Good thing is that there is no fake 3186 case out there that I know of.  You have some really great watch makers here like Misiekped who makes his own movement rings and can put in a real 3186 in a Noob 2836 GMT case and then all the stock Rolex parts can go onto that case.

Have the person that is trying too sale you the watch take pics directly straight then the case in every angle and also the clasp and band.  Engraving of the case and the case back off and pictures of the 3186.  That would prove that at least he has a real one in his hands.

Look at @efthi's and mine.  They look very crisp and mine at least is on a galaxy phone.  A Real Rolex is an investment.  Good luck brother.

• Like 1

The JF looks a lot like this.  I think you are talking about the older Noobs.

rlx2016050401-07.jpg

It could be 100% real.  But seriously those 2 or 3 pictures that he sent won't do it.  It is fake till proven real.  China is coming out with amazing stuff these days.  Really good.

31 minutes ago, efthi said:

Crappy pics for a reason.. this watch is so easy to picture if genuine of course..
045c21f277e81d849638d7d1e522a6dd.jpg

Breath taking.  Im a fan of the the LN but it is a beauty.  All Subs and GMT family are.  I wish the OP would get a pic like that! LOL.  

18 minutes ago, Legend said:

this debate tells us just how close the reps are getting these days. 

So true!  Getting harder and harder from pics.  Hulks are still off on dial color and insert color.  Subs BP has a nice dial and Noob has a nice case.  Put a real date wheel and a real crystal and insert and hands you have a watch that will look fine too me.  The rehaut engraving is still not 100% but I don't have bionic eyes.  On the wrist it will look just like my real one.  

As a rule when someone post a single pic or a few very blurry or off pics to see if it is real I guess fake until I get a good pic.  The way I think about it is what I said above.  If I am going to sell or buy a $10,000 Rolex, I wouldn't even consider those 2 or 3 pics as worthy to make an opinion on.  I would want detail pictures and engraving close ups.

Man I miss having these discussions!  Good too have a home while RWI is down.  Thanks @Legend and @Mike on a bike and all the others for letting us come in.  I have been a member here and always came over here for my learning of the 4 digit watches.  Won a few Raffles!  LOL.  Good too be back more often.

I got a good question.  Why did they make the Pepsi a 18K white gold?  I brought that Guido GMT book and it doesn't explain it.  I love my old Pepsi!

Are they going to come out with a coke?  That is another nice watch.

If noob EVER comes out with a case that can take a 3186 I will buy 2 ASAP and build a Coke and maybe a two tone.

8 minutes ago, occb2 said:

Breath taking.  Im a fan of the the LN but it is a beauty.  All Subs and GMT family are.  I wish the OP would get a pic like that! LOL.  

So true!  Getting harder and harder from pics.  Hulks are still off on dial color and insert color.  Subs BP has a nice dial and Noob has a nice case.  Put a real date wheel and a real crystal and insert and hands you have a watch that will look fine too me.  The rehaut engraving is still not 100% but I don't have bionic eyes.  On the wrist it will look just like my real one.  

As a rule when someone post a single pic or a few very blurry or off pics to see if it is real I guess fake until I get a good pic.  The way I think about it is what I said above.  If I am going to sell or buy a $10,000 Rolex, I wouldn't even consider those 2 or 3 pics as worthy to make an opinion on.  I would want detail pictures and engraving close ups.

Man I miss having these discussions!  Good too have a home while RWI is down.  Thanks @Legend and @Mike on a bike and all the others for letting us come in.  I have been a member here and always came over here for my learning of the 4 digit watches.  Won a few Raffles!  LOL.  Good too be back more often.

You are one of the top Rolex gurus in our rep communities, not just RWI @occb2, and of course, your knowledge, sharp eyes (despite you not agreeing), expertise and experience are always welcome here sir.

I forgot who it was that said it in another thread, but the different forums are like different pubs in the same village and that is so true. RWI could be temporarily down, but no hacker can stop the exchange of knowledge, friendships and watches from carrying on.

Thank you for sharing your insights and expertise, and your moderator status at RWI is well deserved and long overdue.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, swdivad said:

A question on the new GMTs out... Is there a new clone movement out yet that moves the hour hand independently of the minute hand, like the gen?

Yes, there is, but avoid them like the plague right now, they are all flawed with issues relating to the hour hand adjustment gearing.

• Like 1