When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Can anyone verify if this GMT batman is fake?

swdivad

44 minutes ago, SSTEEL said:

Yes, there is, but avoid them like the plague right now, they are all flawed with issues relating to the hour hand adjustment gearing.

Thanks! Good to know.... with all they're doing with movements these days, I'm really surprised there are any issues at all... It's not at all difficult to reverse engineer and replicate production movements with the right technology and equipment, which they obviously have.

The movements have gotten better for the hobby but let’s not forget they are cheap and not reliable.

The sa3135 is probably the one that comes too mind. All the noobs I got, they ran great for a little while then issues.  Low amp bad reversing gears. Massive tension on the stem. Stem breaking. But man, when it ran well it was great.   Now good luck getting parts for it. 

The A2824 seems too be the way too go if Rolex changes the movement on subs to their new movement. It will just need a nice cleaning and service. Realistically a real new 2824 or a SW200 will probably be a better deal. They both can be had for under $150 and last forever. 

When it comes too a 3186. Converting a Sh3135 is the best way too go or real Rolex movement. Both of those options are expensive but only reliable CHS option. The China CHS are non reliable. One thing I heard is if you leave the GMT hand alone that it will work and people have had theirs for awhile. What we need is noob or JF to make a case that can take a 3186. That would be amazing jump for this hobby. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

(snip)The sa3135 is probably the one that comes too mind. All the noobs I got, they ran great for a little while then issues.  Low amp bad reversing gears. Massive tension on the stem. Stem breaking. But man, when it ran well it was great.   Now good luck getting parts for it. (snip)

What are the 'danger zones' with sa3135 movements?  Is it just daily wear or reversing and setting date near midnight?

Beyond that are there more dangerous actions to avoid with the GMT movements on Noobs?

I am also curious if it is even possible to regulate a sa3135/sa3186, I do not see a way to do that.

Is there anyone selling watches that come equipped with the 3135 parts compatible clone movement that Yuki has been selling(sh3135)?

Is there any way to get the 3186 mod parts other than genuine?

Edited by Fliegher

The noob gmt isn’t a SA3135 which is their version of a clone 3135. They use a sa3186 which is a Asian eta clone with modifications to make the hand stack correct.

What we are talking about is getting a Sh3135 and modifying it to be a true copy of a 3185. Then you will have a reliable movement that works as a Rolex 3185. You just need to have it fitted in the case by someone because the noobs are made for eta movements not Rolex or clone Rolex

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

occb2, thanks for your answers.

1- Is it known if the SA3186 can have a normal(is it a 2836 mod?) balance [censored] assembly installed or if the fake bridge/free sprung cosmetic mod ruins that possibility, I can't see a way to regulate the fake free sprung movement by available pictures. As right now the noob w/SA3186 is the most affordable good-looking watch factory-build CHS & good lume available by my research, but I want a watch able to be regulated to several seconds a day.

2- Is there a FAQ or good thread on operating and comparing the CHS SA3136 and other CHS movements and generations to keep them running, avoiding breaking/jamming, and reducing stress on the unavailable replacement stem and gear train?

3- From what I can find my ideal solution for A GMT Master II functional everyday wear replica w/CHS would be a Yuki/SH3135 mod or factory build with 3185 gen or copy parts including jumping 12hr hand linked to date, cleaned up and installed in a good replica water resistant case with bright, long-lasting, matching lume. But I do not see this available from any TDs at this point, it seems that JF and RO are the only places building SH3135 watches but JF GMTs are A2836 with GMT mod(hz6040).

The problem with #3 is I am not interested in hunting down and buying $600 or more in genuine Rolex parts and servicing to first get reliable function as a 3135 and then adding gen 3185 GMT function parts, and I am probably beyond my DIY watch hacking days(shaky hands), so even if good SH/Yuki jumping hand GMT clone parts become available in kit form I might wait as I have seen mention, perhaps on RWG, that a CHS 3185/6 GMT is forthcoming from the SH supplier. That said it seems that even the base model Sh3135 is rarely in stock at Yuki and even they say that $300 movement requires servicing immediately on delivery.

I actually just want the reliable and accurate function of the GMT Master II w/CHS and jumping hour and would be perfectly happy with a sterile watch and movement. Even if I had the available $$$ and bought a genuine GMT Master II I would consider sending it out to Blackout Concepts to de-brand/sterilize and install a second genuine or replica dial(their watch mod simulator is fun).

The above is all my own research, correct me if I am wrong or working from out of date information.