When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW A7750 Daytonas

FxrAndy

The only way to find a DW is M2M sales. You can find cases on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Generic-replacement-case-for-Rolex-daytona-ref-6263/202138874922?hash=item2f106a742a:g:kdsAAOSwEZdaI-uL

But if you want a vintage Daytona, your best bet is to get one from a TD with the ST-19 Seagull movement in it

DW likes to do a disappearing act. The trick is to get him when he first appears. The later it gets the more likely he is to disappear. I've personally lost around $800 us to David in the past,

the last time was $300 us for various parts. I lived, lost, and learned to never deal with him again the hard way.

On 12/26/2017 at 12:26 PM, alligoat said:

The only way to find a DW is M2M sales. You can find cases on ebay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Generic-replacement-case-for-Rolex-daytona-ref-6263/202138874922?hash=item2f106a742a:g:kdsAAOSwEZdaI-uL

But if you want a vintage Daytona, your best bet is to get one from a TD with the ST-19 Seagull movement in it

How do these cases compare to Phong cases?

DW cases were great for the price- around $200-300 as I recall. Dials varied but some were very good. 

Here's an Albino 6239

QzLPbc.jpg

This one has a 7750 movement. DW also had V72 cases and dials and I just built one of those- actually it was a DW case and a Vintage Watchmaker dial- a panda 6239, will get a picture of it later.

As for a comparison to a Phong case, I would say Phong is good but it's hard to pass up a DW case at $200-300 

• Like 1

Here's a quick shot of my DW with a V72 and a vintage watchmaker dial

bbGNQE.jpg

I just kind of finished this watch. The watchmaker got a couple of spots on the dial and the chrono seconds hand lost it's arrow point so I need a new one of those. The crystal has some scratches and dust on it.

The first v72 came down with a bad chrono seconds wheel (part #8000) so I had to swap in another V72. Both are out of Wittnauers. The DW case started out as a 6238/9 with a Phong 6238 dial and the 6239 bezel. Then I bought a Phong 6238 case but I was never happy with the dial so I sold the 6238 dial to Ken down in Australia- he fixed the dial with a little bit of paint. So I had this DW case and bought the Vintage Watchmaker dial from Jensen- it was a very nice dial, but I dropped the watch and a marker fell off the dial and I guess those spots are possibly glue since my watchmaker glued the 2 o'clock marker back on. The white subdial hands came from Phong- nice and thin!  

• Like 1