When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3135 movement help; quickset date issue

Pombok

Hey guys! First of all I hope you had a very merry Christmas and are enjoying some much needed time off work.

I have a question on the 3135 movement which I’m hoping is an easy question for the collective minds of the community...

I replaced the date wheel and dial on my JF 16610 LV, I made sure the hands were replaced so that the date flips round at midnight, the date change at midnight is extremely crisp and snaps into place.

THE ISSUE:

When I try to use the quickset function for the date (extract crown one click then turn crown to quickset date), it does not work. The date wheel moves a little as if it were going to change, but then something in the movement slips and it drops back to the same date. Can anyone help me narrow down the problem? So I can open her up again and fix it.

A couple of photos;

0cdf548f52add869be5f8eb516667ac7.jpg

The replacement date wheel from WSO has much crisper font, whereas the JF stock date wheel has fat font.

16e5fa5016eec6ac46c7739e806c6faa.jpg

ae80ad3c87ca5078c15601b8d9e2a742.jpg

What a beauty!

841f61aeb7a4b3a2812c0c2cc7c09d91.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Did you tested when installed wso date disc, the sh date disc is smaller in diameter then gen and most aftermarket ones
Quick see is just a wheel which may not change the date disc when there is any small restrictions
The date wheel instead has a spring which is much stronger and may do the change at midnight
Hope this help

On 12/27/2017 at 4:09 PM, misiekped said:

Did you tested when installed wso date disc, the sh date disc is smaller in diameter then gen and most aftermarket ones
Quick see is just a wheel which may not change the date disc when there is any small restrictions
The date wheel instead has a spring which is much stronger and may do the change at midnight
Hope this help

Good to see you :).

Totally agree I have had the same problem. The gen DW is a fraction bigger then the SH one. The Rolex 3135 leaves a lot of space so the DW is loose. My watchmakers solution unfortunately is to replace the whole calendar plate. Because the quick set works intermittently I have not bothered yet. However if I change the date when the hands are at 8:30 the quick set works every time. Perhaps Mike can explain that a lot better than I can. 

4 hours ago, misiekped said:

You don’t have to change the date indicator seating
Just shave a bit the date disc, don’t go to much just few turn over sand paper (2000) and try out

TY Mike. I guess I am afraid to sand it. It is a champagne open six and nine for a 3135. I never thought I would get one. It completed my bluesy build. 

You guys may shout me down for this but I didn't want to shave my date disc on the chance I may install a real 3135 at some point. Plus its a perfect heavy serifed date wheel. In my watch the solution was to remove the jewel from the date track and it works perfect. I can always pop it back in if I want to revert to the rep date disc. Quick set works perfect now.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Guys, thank you for the great input to my thread! I’m going to get some 2000 sand paper and trying filling down the date wheel a touch, hugop’s idea on the jewel is also something I might try. I’m waiting on some deliveries to help with the project, once it arrives I’ll post the outcome

• 1 month later...
On 30-12-2017 at 5:23 AM, hugop said:

You guys may shout me down for this but I didn't want to shave my date disc on the chance I may install a real 3135 at some point. Plus its a perfect heavy serifed date wheel. In my watch the solution was to remove the jewel from the date track and it works perfect. I can always pop it back in if I want to revert to the rep date disc. Quick set works perfect now.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Do you maybe have a photo or video of what jewel I have to remove? thank you!