When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT II Root beer Info 1675 model 11.72 folded links

geordieboy

Question

The 18 is the same in both it is an optical illusion look again. Looks gen to me. The only maker of this left is TW and they have stopped. The movement looks gen to me I have never seen a clone version of a 1570. The insert pops like the gen too. The watch is not too expensive but the dials and inserts can go for silly money. I love the nipple dials. I am not sure if it is an original bracelet. 

BP makes a 16713 version. 

The 18 is the same in both it is an optical illusion look again. Looks gen to me. The only maker of this left is TW and they have stopped. The movement looks gen to me I have never seen a clone version of a 1570. The insert pops like the gen too. The watch is not too expensive but the dials and inserts can go for silly money. I love the nipple dials. I am not sure if it is an original bracelet. 

BP makes a 16713 version. 

65868071c1b69ad24a4e55bdab1e3d55.jpgfcf615d3c2e39c5c0563cda6c6e6676e.jpg

I won’t argue with Yllekp. Perhaps I am missing something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, eshow3907 said:

65868071c1b69ad24a4e55bdab1e3d55.jpgfcf615d3c2e39c5c0563cda6c6e6676e.jpg

I won’t argue with Yllekp. Perhaps I am missing something.

I agree they look different but I honestly believe it is the angle. It caught me at first too. The dark 1s should be longer than the light 8 as far as I remember. All 1s should be longer. The only thing i am looking at now is the 2s. Rolex 2s usually follow the curve of the xtal and are not straight. On this one they do not stick out at an angle as most reps do so it looks good. I would have expected more fading on the insert though so not 100%. However I am more familiar with the 16713. 

Thanks for the apology, N.L.P slight of eye your brain must work slightly different to my northern one :)  it also has a hacking feature when crown is pulled out stopping the watch , so not sure if this was ever done on reps?  

Thanks for the apology, N.L.P slight of eye your brain must work slightly different to my northern one   it also has a hacking feature when crown is pulled out stopping the watch , so not sure if this was ever done on reps?  

Hacking, yes, but that movement was never cloned to that extent.

Thanks for the apology, N.L.P slight of eye your brain must work slightly different to my northern one   it also has a hacking feature when crown is pulled out stopping the watch , so not sure if this was ever done on reps?  

Actually, the hacking feature is fairly standard on higher quality reps these days. Please tell me you're going to have that serviced before you use it on a regular basis. If it has been sitting unworn and unused for many years the jewels may be dry or sludged and you could do great harm to that gorgeous movement by running it.

hi OK, so is the movement 100 % gen in your opinion ? ii cannot fault it the date flips over so quickly and precisely i cannot fathom how they could clone it that well ? thanks for any more input 

I have worn it a few times works perfectly i was just a little unsure due to the great condition but the movement screams correct to me 

I've owned one..I regret it everyday that I sold it..they came both with this band and a jubilee style. It's called a "Clint Eastwood" and have never found a rep that would be as nice as this...it appears to be authentic to me. I had the tiger eye dial however.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

A little old lady who has almost a hundred grand in Rolexes, on a table at a fair. Claims to know nothing about them. Then OP signs up at a rep site to get "opinions"? Come on, Pat...

B

This is what got me to the question in my first post. If the fair was Art Basel in Miami on the Yacht marina and the purchase price was north of 4K its possible.

I had a buddy who’s dad passed away unexpectedly two years back. He was a used car dealer and had a lock box with all sorts of random stuff he had taken in on trade for cars over the years. If my buddy had not stepped in and done some investigation, his “stepmom” 10 years younger than he is would have sold all three watches for $500 because they were not Rolex’s.

A GEN 80s Patek, 90s IWC and 03 PAM086 later he and his two brothers chopped up a nice collection.

1 minute ago, eshow3907 said:

This is what got me to the question in my first post. If the fair was Art Basel in Miami on the Yacht marina and the purchase price was north of 4K its possible.

I had a buddy who’s dad passed away unexpectedly two years back. He was a used car dealer and had a lock box with all sorts of random stuff he had taken in on trade for cars over the years. If my buddy had not stepped in and done some investigation, his “stepmom” 10 years younger than he is would have sold all three watches for $500 because they were not Rolex’s.

A GEN 80s Patek, 90s IWC and 03 PAM086 later he and his two brothers chopped up a nice collection.

More plausible than OP's story...

B