When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Trip to Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam Rolex Vintage Shops

aprolexlover

Question

Hi guys,

I'm planning a trip to Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City soon and would like to checkout some aftermarket Rolex vintage parts/watch shops to source a couple of parts and also to keep an open eye.

There is not much information about these aftermarket Rolex watch shops, since they are enlisted as fakes. But I would still like to see them in person, and perhaps get a franken or two project to start with. I tried to google as much keywords, but mostly leading me to only MQ's, Phongs (US), NDtrading (US), and another site running by Phong's son.

So far, i've only managed to attain Minh Quy's address through his websites, but I also heard about others like dung_chrono on eBay who has a physical shop according to the VRF that called him out, and another Tony Watches? I messaged dung_chrono but he sad due to eBay's sensitivity to trade outside the web's perimeter, he isn't willing to disclose his location.

I would appreciate if anyone has any information as to where I can find dung_chrono's shop, Tony's and perhaps some other I should also look at.

Thank you

M

2 answers to this question

I'm going in late Jan. My dad is a well known watch restorer in the East (he only deals with businesses not individuals) and even he said he's doesn't know their physical address. Providing he's speaks Vietnamese and have been doing this for the last 20yrs. He usually meet dad in his hotel or in coffee shops.

One thing you have to remember, altho Vietnam is corrupt, but it is still illegal if they replicating parts, hence their secrecy.

On another note, Ive met the supplier of MQ and Phong before. I told him their prices and he's not surprised as he's doesn't know English or tech so he can't sell his stuff himself.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk