When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP 15400

Gillesss

I'm looking to pick a RO 15400, but all the TD descriptions are so confusing. If I'm correct the V2J is currently the best out there, but there are also some out there that say JF best edition. I'm seeking some guidance. If anyone could tell me if there's a big difference between these or has any better suggestions.

http://trustytime.store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_246&products_id=17266

http://trustytime.store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_246&products_id=17858

https://puretime05.com/royal-oak-41mm-15400-ss-jf-1-1-best-edition-blue-textured-dial-on-ss-bracelet-a3120-v2j.html

The V2j or the V2 Mod (Modified) is the latest one, they are the same. I cannot remember the difference from the V2 but I am sure there are AP experts out there who can tell you. All i remember the movement on the Modified one is decorated like the gen. The case thickness is still the same. 

The V2j or the V2 Mod (Modified) is the latest one, they are the same. I cannot remember the difference from the V2 but I am sure there are AP experts out there who can tell you. All i remember the movement on the Modified one is decorated like the gen. The case thickness is still the same. 

It’s crazy how the AP chrono’s are only 10.5 mm thick. Will probably look into it some more and order next week. Really hope to get some clarification on all the differences, same for the 126600 2017 seadweller I’m eyeing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Gillesss said:

It’s crazy how the AP chrono’s are only 10.5 mm thick. Will probably look into it some more and order next week. Really hope to get some clarification on all the differences, same for the 126600 2017 seadweller I’m eyeing

I love the look of the 126600 and the size might be just right for me but I have not looked too closely at it yet. The ARF version by all accounts seems to be the one to get at the moment. 

I love the look of the 126600 and the size might be just right for me but I have not looked too closely at it yet. The ARF version by all accounts seems to be the one to get at the moment. 

Just confirmed the QC with my TD and indeed it’s the one to get!! Happy New Year my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 minute ago, efthi said:

Just confirmed the QC with my TD and indeed it’s the one to get!! Happy New Year my friend emoji8.pngemoji8.pngemoji844.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am so glad I found where you were hanging out. I missed those fabulous wristies.  

• Like 1

Well to reaffirm what was being said by skullface aka Yllekp,

For 15400, get the v2J. Essentially it’s the JF v2 thinned down. I have thinned down a v2 to 9.5mm, same as the v2J it can be done, no biggie if you’re careful.
For the 126600, get the ARF aka the bark of the dog. Lol.

And have a happy 2018!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Legend said:

For 15400, get the v2J. Essentially it’s the JF v2 thinned down. I have thinned down a v2 to 9.5mm, same as the v2J it can be done, no biggie if you’re careful.

And have a happy 2018!

I did not know they thinned the V2J. That is good news. I will be on to my watchmaker to make my V2 thinner :)

1 hour ago, Legend said:

And have a happy 2018!

http://trustytime.store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_246&products_id=18031

Is that the model?

7 minutes ago, Legend said:

Be on lookout for the v2J though it is the thinned down version of the v2. I think it’s available on watch archive http://warchive.net

Have a look first buddy. They offer good stuff. ;)

Oh wow!!  Very nice! I am wondering if it would be possible to find a balance with counterweights - as per gen 3120... someone must have an ETA clone movement with balance weights.

What do you think of the screw height? I can never tell if they're properly recessed or if it's just lighting on the gens, etc.

Oh wow!!  Very nice! I am wondering if it would be possible to find a balance with counterweights - as per gen 3120... someone must have an ETA clone movement with balance weights.

What do you think of the screw height? I can never tell if they're properly recessed or if it's just lighting on the gens, etc.

Well I’m unsure what you meant by balance weights A but yes I do know of at least one ETA powered 15400 rep with the rotor in it (and no decoration plates) and 9.8mm thick.

Screw height for gens vary and not all are recessed. It is not uncommon to find flushed and recessed bezel screws on the same gen watch.

17 minutes ago, Legend said:

Well I’m unsure what you meant by balance weights A but yes I do know of at least one ETA powered 15400 rep with the rotor in it (and no decoration plates) and 9.8mm thick.

Screw height for gens vary and not all are recessed. It is not uncommon to find flushed and recessed bezel screws on the same gen watch.

AP_Calibre_3120_LG.jpg

spiral-contemporain_opt_0-1000.jpg

59 minutes ago, Legend said:

Be on lookout for the v2J though it is the thinned down version of the v2. I think it’s available on watch archive http://warchive.net

Have a look first buddy. They offer good stuff. ;)

Do you trust warchive? They're not  mentioned as a TD and it says it only accepts WU which I well never do cause it's shady af. PureTime has a V2j But with shipping would end up around 440 usd, which is a lot more than warchive

Do you trust warchive? They're not  mentioned as a TD and it says it only accepts WU which I well never do cause it's shady af. PureTime has a V2j But with shipping would end up around 440 usd, which is a lot more than warchive

Yes WA is a trusted dealer on RWI. I do think that there is a long backlog now though on orders. Honestly the V2J is just a thinned V2, and like I mentioned I have done the same mod myself, it’s achievable. Puretime could be a dealer on the same model, I’m not sure.
All I know is that the V2J model, while nice to own, is not modded in any extraordinary manner which isn’t achievable by watch modders with some skill and patience.
If you can, get the v2J. Else (if the v2J waiting time is too long for you) get the v2 and send it for mods to a modder later on.

Guys- update on Louie below from his website

Hello, it's Louie.

I am writing to tell you the things I want you to know about.

I am sorry that I couldn't reach you for several days.

Time just flies and it's been 3~4 months already since I was registered as a seller here at RWI as if it were just a few days.

It's been an honor and a great experience for me.

The reason why I am writing this is that there is surely a problem in my way of doing business and also in my health.

The first problem is that is my health. I was examined by a hostital because of the worsening physical condition and depression.

Today I got the result. I was diagnosed I have a problem with thyroid gland.

Due to this problem, I suffer from depression, lethargy, and the imbalance of my physical condition.

What the doctor suggested was that I should stay away from any stressful conditions and recieve the intensive treatment needed for 1~2 months.

So I decided to follow the doctor's direction.

The second problem is the defect of the operation of the selling system.

I've felt a lot of problems with this system.

Many problems occur with the process time and  QC etc.

Although I did the best to meet the needs of all the members of RWI and customers, I concluded that this will result in more problems if I continue with this system. I am surely aware that these kinds of problems are obvious.

I can't accept this sort of thing myself and this doesn't match our objective that we send only the best to our customers.

And this problem is a minus to our customers who buy products from us, Archive.

So I consider this as a stop sign that I shouldn't do this anymore.

I think I should stop this as this harms people around me like Radavve and Toro and so on.

I will build a better organized system with a partner who can help and collaborate with me.

Lastly, the third problem.

The reason I quit selling in Korea is that there are unnecessary competitions and rumors about me.

Simply put, it's like politics.

Likewise, there is a Korean posting proofs that I ran away with profit without sending a watch.

However, the proof is not his and producing negative rumors here at RWI.

I will post an article defending myself against that false claim.

I get a lot of questions regarding this.

But I got tired of making excuses and start to get angry.

He just hates me and I don't even want to talk about it anymore.

He is doing this in Korean communities and here because I don't sell watches to him.

I think you are reading this, Brian.

Feel satisfied now?

I promise I will send all the products by 5th January. And will surely deal with all the A/S products as well.

I am not leaving behind all things without all these thing left undone.

Wechat is always open and will answer all the questions as before. And hope to visit RWI as often as before to communicate.

This place is a good place for me as well to recognize what the users want.

I will surely come back after 1~2 months and improve the system.

I still have many things to show and be a little help to your valuable hobby.

I thank all members, staff and the boss and apologize for any inconvenience caused by my part.

Thank you.

Louie.

1st January 2018.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Drifterr said:

Guys- update on Louie below from his website

Hello, it's Louie.

I am writing to tell you the things I want you to know about.

I am sorry that I couldn't reach you for several days.

Time just flies and it's been 3~4 months already since I was registered as a seller here at RWI as if it were just a few days.

It's been an honor and a great experience for me.

The reason why I am writing this is that there is surely a problem in my way of doing business and also in my health.

The first problem is that is my health. I was examined by a hostital because of the worsening physical condition and depression.

Today I got the result. I was diagnosed I have a problem with thyroid gland.

Due to this problem, I suffer from depression, lethargy, and the imbalance of my physical condition.

What the doctor suggested was that I should stay away from any stressful conditions and recieve the intensive treatment needed for 1~2 months.

So I decided to follow the doctor's direction.

The second problem is the defect of the operation of the selling system.

I've felt a lot of problems with this system.

Many problems occur with the process time and  QC etc.

Although I did the best to meet the needs of all the members of RWI and customers, I concluded that this will result in more problems if I continue with this system. I am surely aware that these kinds of problems are obvious.

I can't accept this sort of thing myself and this doesn't match our objective that we send only the best to our customers.

And this problem is a minus to our customers who buy products from us, Archive.

So I consider this as a stop sign that I shouldn't do this anymore.

I think I should stop this as this harms people around me like Radavve and Toro and so on.

I will build a better organized system with a partner who can help and collaborate with me.

Lastly, the third problem.

The reason I quit selling in Korea is that there are unnecessary competitions and rumors about me.

Simply put, it's like politics.

Likewise, there is a Korean posting proofs that I ran away with profit without sending a watch.

However, the proof is not his and producing negative rumors here at RWI.

I will post an article defending myself against that false claim.

I get a lot of questions regarding this.

But I got tired of making excuses and start to get angry.

He just hates me and I don't even want to talk about it anymore.

He is doing this in Korean communities and here because I don't sell watches to him.

I think you are reading this, Brian.

Feel satisfied now?

I promise I will send all the products by 5th January. And will surely deal with all the A/S products as well.

I am not leaving behind all things without all these thing left undone.

Wechat is always open and will answer all the questions as before. And hope to visit RWI as often as before to communicate.

This place is a good place for me as well to recognize what the users want.

I will surely come back after 1~2 months and improve the system.

I still have many things to show and be a little help to your valuable hobby.

I thank all members, staff and the boss and apologize for any inconvenience caused by my part.

Thank you.

Louie.

1st January 2018.

Do you have a link for that ?

Hopefully everyone gets their orders fulfilled before he takes a back seat.

The storyline seems a little odd though.

I was initially very keen to place an order but the lack of communication and slow execution decided against it.