When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Never buy at http://warchive.net

aprell

I do not think locolouie is a scammer. It is a case of him taking on too much work and not being able to keep up, it seems.

Hopefully he will come through for everyone. It may take time, but I am optimistic about him eventually setting things right. 

I see some orders have come through in dribs and drabs. But we will need to have a serious conversation with him when RWI comes back up. I see in his web announcement that he actually mentioned @Raddaveby name, so I presume he is open to talking to Dave or maybe even me so we will find out what is going on. Hopefully what he posted is a real explanation for the delays. It would be a pity to loose him as he looks like he is doing remarkable work at a really attractive price point. 

Here's a loco louie V2J, modded with V2 dw. I love how it sits on my wrist 10/10 watch.

MQzu1DF.jpg&key=52417e88f45d1b19743a4b147269422fb2ed0361e9391562b91a34b91531b93b

MAhcPMW.jpg&key=2b7e1bd9e5ea2cc81575d32cad5aa859f75256cdb0eec89447dbcd228b6addb7

fd9pP1E.jpg&key=e9075082a7f4e357ace941ef90c2a8636fab407354e78500617d4861091e6c58

DY6Eg6m.jpg&key=ac3065390212aef443f570172f70eb3902d869791aa9cac081fefba613e82e80

That looks remarkable honestly. The only issue I have with the miyota movement reps in general is the slow date rollover starting from about 2300hrs. Other than that, it is a very amazing watch. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Legend said:

That looks remarkable honestly. The only issue I have with the miyota movement reps in general is the slow date rollover starting from about 2300hrs. Other than that, it is a very amazing watch. Congrats!

Thank you, the new V2J blue dial is a huge improvement over the predecessor V2. The tappaserie is far more accurate, theres actually much more detail in the dial now than before, because of this improvement the light transitions differently now into the dial. Making it look darker than usual, but honest truth is V2J and V2 dial share the same colour. It is because how the light reflects and transitions in V2 makes it somehow lighter. I think JF noticed this and address the issue, although its still not as accurate as gen it is good enough for now.

I think in V3, they are updating the new tappaserie to the silver and black dial if not mistaken. Previous V2J's were running on V2 dial for silver and black variants.

The weakest update on the V2J was the darker DW, which is seen as a major flaw because the difference between the dial and DW colour is significant. I updated the DW with V2's and it matches the V2J dial. Also thanks to you for helping me to realign the markers, and with LL's service to shave down the caseback and rotor made is even more gen like!

Edited by aprolexlover

On 1/29/2018 at 11:56 PM, Legend said:

I do not think locolouie is a scammer. It is a case of him taking on too much work and not being able to keep up, it seems.

Hopefully he will come through for everyone. It may take time, but I am optimistic about him eventually setting things right. 

I hope you are right legend.  I don’t mind waiting several months if he’s over whelmed but going silent and not returning emails is bullshit 

I received my Navitimer from him two days ago. While there wasn’t any updates from him throughout these couple of months since Nov, whether QC or shipping updates, the timepiece arrived safely at my doorstep in a highly satisfactory condition. All functions working and the datewheel modded as promised.

The only snag is that he didn’t send the extra deployant strap as ordered. Reached out to him but no reply as of yet.

Hope to be posting some photos of the watch over the next couple of days.

Overall, I’m still relieved that I’ve received my watch from him in excellent condition. Would be a bonus if I could receive the extra deployant strap or at least a refund for that.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 hours ago, solitudex said:

I received my Navitimer from him two days ago. While there wasn’t any updates from him throughout these couple of months since Nov, whether QC or shipping updates, the timepiece arrived safely at my doorstep in a highly satisfactory condition. All functions working and the datewheel modded as promised.

The only snag is that he didn’t send the extra deployant strap as ordered. Reached out to him but no reply as of yet.

Overall, I’m still relieved that I’ve received my watch from him in excellent condition. Would be a bonus if I could receive the extra deployant strap or at least a refund for that.

When did you place your order with him?  I ordered the same watch as you on November 5th 

When did you place your order with him?  I ordered the same watch as you on November 5th 

I placed my order a week after yours. I’m guessing that the shipping to me might be quicker since I’m in Asia.

Perhaps your Navitimer is on the way to you. Hope that you would too receive yours in perfect condition very soon!

On 2/2/2018 at 12:30 PM, solitudex said:

Thats really good news, I paid in dec 5, so maybe my order will come after 1 month's time.

Thanks for the update :)

16 minutes ago, solitudex said:

d66685421addeef31d2e58b2d12a09e5.jpg

Apologies for the delay. Here's a shot of mine. Swapped the glitzy bracelet out for a proper Horween Chromexcel leather strap. Loving it so far.

But still waiting for a reply from him on the missing deployant strap.

Did you really have to post that J? lol. 

@kinkinza

44 minutes ago, solitudex said:

I feel you. I was watching with envy the watches trickle in for the rest until it turned up at my doorstep one unexpected day.

Fingers crossed, no courier or customs issues, you would be getting yours soon, hopefully in perfect working condition!

So did you manage to hear from LL after the return of your watch J?

I'm glad to hear when people receive their orders. But there are so few of them, compared to those who made the order. The last message on the site of Louis is another promise that he will not fulfill, as well as the previous one. Send all orders before January 5th.
@solitudex I'm sure that you will never hear from him answer. I've been sending messages to him almost every day. And not a single answer. I paid $ 950 and got [censored]. If I'm lucky and I can sell them, then in the best case I will refund $ 200

Patience is a crucial aspect of this hobby. Like other human beings, modders sometimes run into personal issues as well. 

I doubt that Loco Louie is a scammer, or intentionally cheats. I understand that the wait and lack of communication can be acutely frustrating, and you are welcome to vent here if needed. ;)

I am monitoring this issue as well. I think that LL produces very nice watches/parts. Give him time to recover from whatever is afflicting him and I believe that he will put things right for everyone eventually. 

• 2 months later...
@solitudex you care to chime in mate?

Hey! I received my watch order with a missing strap in the not too recent past. Watch came in excellent modded condition.

Paid for it at the end of November and received only on the last day of January, with complete radio silence from him those 2 months.

So, I have been sending him a reminder of my missing strap once a month (just did it this afternoon), but as usual, I feel like one is screaming into the void when dealing with him.

I can't say anything much more than that, but there's always the possibility that this guy may have absconded with our cash, until someone else receives something from him and says otherwise, which then gives us renewed hope that he's still around.