When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

No the factory that was making it for Yuki started making it for other dealers.

Yuki is not a person.  Its a family company.  Do you remember the bombing in France a few years back?  Well one of his family members died there.  One of the guys and I were friendly and he messaged me saying that they were closing for a few weeks and going to the services.  

When I needed parts to repair yukis, I would contact them and they were really cheap.  what they started too do was send me broken movements and I would use them for parts.  It was hard at first.  

If I would order 10 yuki's.  4 were bad.  I would used 6 and make a few parts movements.  The ones that were worst.  Yuki knew it.  

There were two versions of Yuki movements.  One time after getting a bunch of the new ones, I got a combo batch.  I called them and they had zero idea that there were 2.  He doesn't work on movements.  He was just the middle man.  He brought them from a factory and sold them.

What kills me is that now the TD's are selling them for $180.  So lets say it cost the TD $100 and they are making $80 on it.  If a movement cost Yuki $100 each.  He was making $280 per movement and had a monopoly.  That is what I started thinking back when I blasted him.  They were ripping us off the whole time and when the JF factory started getting ready to sell the SH3135, Yuki tried to make as much as he could before the floor fell out from under them.  

Thank you for sharing about Yuki, @occb2, and the facts are very useful reference for everyone reading your posts bro.

It looks like the floor has fallen from beneath their feet already. 

I guess it won't do justice to term the current SH3135, 3132 movements "Yuki clones or Yuki movements" because according to you, they are made by the same factory Yuki purchases from and distributes forward, at exorbitant prices vs cost. Having a monopoly does strange things to people, and is a very fertile ground to encourage greed..

Well with the situation the way it is, it will be a matter of time before the demand for "Yuki movements" fall right off the planet. 

Thank you once again for sharing brother.   

No the factory that was making it for Yuki started making it for other dealers.

Yuki is not a person.  Its a family company.  Do you remember the bombing in France a few years back?  Well one of his family members died there.  One of the guys and I were friendly and he messaged me saying that they were closing for a few weeks and going to the services.  

When I needed parts to repair yukis, I would contact them and they were really cheap.  what they started too do was send me broken movements and I would use them for parts.  It was hard at first.  

If I would order 10 yuki's.  4 were bad.  I would used 6 and make a few parts movements.  The ones that were worst.  Yuki knew it.  

There were two versions of Yuki movements.  One time after getting a bunch of the new ones, I got a combo batch.  I called them and they had zero idea that there were 2.  He doesn't work on movements.  He was just the middle man.  He brought them from a factory and sold them.

What kills me is that now the TD's are selling them for $180.  So lets say it cost the TD $100 and they are making $80 on it.  If a movement cost Yuki $100 each.  He was making $280 per movement and had a monopoly.  That is what I started thinking back when I blasted him.  They were ripping us off the whole time and when the JF factory started getting ready to sell the SH3135, Yuki tried to make as much as he could before the floor fell out from under them.  

Thank you for sharing about Yuki, @occb2, and the facts are very useful reference for everyone reading your posts bro.

It looks like the floor has fallen from beneath their feet already. 

I guess it won't do justice to term the current SH3135, 3132 movements "Yuki clones or Yuki movements" because according to you, they are made by the same factory Yuki purchases from and distributes forward, at exorbitant prices vs cost. Having a monopoly does strange things to people, and is a very fertile ground to encourage greed..

Well with the situation the way it is, it will be a matter of time before the demand for "Yuki movements" fall right off the planet. 

Thank you once again for sharing brother.   

Anytime brother.  That is why were are here.  To help and learn from each other.  While the demand for the movement from Yuki himself had drop drastically the demand for the movement hasnt.  Everyone still wants a good 3135 clone.  

Few things has made this hobby blow up and set the preference's really high.

1)The invention of the clone 3135. Yuki or SH.  Even the SA if parts were available.

2)The invention of Rolex spec cases.  Use to be only phong and some Vietnam places.  TC or Sean some WM9 ones.

Noob is killing it.  Coming out with the 116610 case that can fit every rolex part.  Amazing.  If they continue down that line the sky is the limit.  A good working replica movement will last years.  Add that to a real rolex spec case and add all rolex parts, dial, feet, date wheel crystal, bezel..... you have a watch that you can wear with pride.  You have a watch that will never get called out.  This is why I love his hobby so much.  The pride of wearing a watch I made.  Heck I build a rolex sub 16610 from all rolex parts.  The movement, only the main plate was used.  Every other part was new sealed in bolster package's.  I didn't have all the screws because it is very hard too find a screw kit.  So Mike (Misiekped) ordered them for me.  I sent him the parts and it came back amazing.  I took that and used rare 16610 dial with just SWISS on the bottom, used 16610 case with late U serial number which would match that dial.  New sealed crystal ring.  Used beat up bezel (ad character) new click spring and tension washer.  NOS crystal with no ar and no LEC from sub007.  703 crown also from Sub007.  New tube, I have in stock.  New bezel insert.  The bracelet had brand new 501b end links I had ahead of time sent my 93150 to Michael Young for service.  Everything came back great but the clasp.  But it closes and fits perfectly.  This is a watch I wanted to build for a long time.  Every part is rolex built by me.  I call it a ROBEX.  LOL. 

Really this is why we are all so close here on Rwg, Rwi, repgeeks.  we all love this hobby and he satisfaction if gives. We all have the same purpose.  To have the best rep possible.  I have taken it to a little extreme LOL.  People ask me, why dont I just buy a real one.  Truth is I have.  Lots of times.  I get zero satisfaction from doing it.  In fact everytime I get a pit in my stomach thinking why did I just drop $10,000 on a watch.  I can tell you I have never had that feeling after building one.  Its always satisfaction and happiness.  Pride in a way.  I show it off.  Love it.  Thanks to forums like this and guys like all you guys.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1