When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona 904L JF/ARF 4130 calibre: removing the Rotor

neils

I bought a few of these Daytona 904L from Joshua (RLDS00911) he states these have the cloned Rolex 4130 movement.  I noted the "Rotor" was noisy and free spinning in the anti-clockwise direction (typical of the 7750).  I normally like to lightly grease the Rotor bearing on the A7750 movements, it makes them much quieter.  

When I opened up the above Daytona, I found it's not a cloned 4130 movement at all!

I want to remove the Rotor to grease the bearing but the obvious 3x screws are fake and just imitation.  Has anyone removed the Rotor on these movements yet?  If so how is it held in place?  I don't want to risk breaking it. 

From what I can see under the fake 4130 bridge plate its just an A7750. The way Joshua states it on his website, I expected it to be a genuine clone or very nearly like the SA3135 has been done, which is pretty much piece for piece indentical to the Rolex 3135.     When I put this to Joshua, his reply was "Correct that watch does have an A7750 movement.  The 4130 is still in the making"   So why state that this Daytona has the new cloned 4130  ??  Can't help feeling conned!! 

Anyway its the Rotor I want to remove if anyone can help me please? 

Thank you.

If Joshua (or any other TD) is misrepresenting what they are selling they should be pulled up on it. They are on the forums as we trust them to supply high quality replicas; which would include a clone movement if they state so. 

If it's 7750 are the chronos working? :g:

EDIT: Seller states that two chronos are faux. I can't imagine how they broke 7750 to look as 4130... Why? And they fitted it in 13mm case... Ok my mind is blown

Edited by XM195

The large centre Chronograph Seconds hand does start/stop via top Pusher and is Reset via bottom Pusher.  The Subdials at 3&9 do not work.  I am a watchmaker and service all watches.  I can see underneath the faux bridges/plate that it is indeed a A7750 and Joshua has confirmed this to be the case now that I have questioned it.  He now tells me the actual cloned 4130 is still in the making, which completely contradicts what he states in his description. There is no mention of it being the A7750 in this model.  

I'm not sure exactly what they have done to get it into a 13mm case.  I will understand better once I can have worked out how to remove the Rotor which in turn will allow me to remove the faux bridges/plate to get to the actual working movement.

As you say this is very poor on Joshua's part and very misleading.  I'm not at all happy about it. I have bought at least 6x of these pieces now for my customers on the belief that this was indeed a clone of the 4130 and not just a faux bridge/plate hiding a A7750.

And more to the point.....  am I now going to get the problem with the Running Seconds Subdial @ 6 which normally needs to be disengaged to enable the watch to even run properly because of a problematic wheel further up the chain.  This has always been an on going problem with the modified A7750 when used in the Daytona.

Edited by neils