When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ebay US to UK or EU

XM195

Question

I want to buy a watch on ebay and the seller is located in US. I heard that most packages from the US that arrive in my country are taxed by customs office. I'd rather avoid that :)  But I also heard that packages sent to UK are tax free (ebay says something like that on their website). Is that true?

If I was right and it's safe to ship to UK, maybe someone would be kind and help me with this matter? :)
I know that duty tax on my purchase is not that high (it's about 30$) But penny saved is penny earned...

3 answers to this question

I want to buy a watch on ebay and the seller is located in US. I heard that most packages from the US that arrive in my country are taxed by customs office. I'd rather avoid that   But I also heard that packages sent to UK are tax free (ebay says something like that on their website). Is that true?
If I was right and it's safe to ship to UK, maybe someone would be kind and help me with this matter?
I know that duty tax on my purchase is not that high (it's about 30$) But penny saved is penny earned...
Where did you read is tax free to the UK? I. Personally shipped things to Hong Kong just so I know is tax free.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Packages sent to the UK are not tax free. Customs sometimes let things slip through so you’d not pay tax, otherwise you’d be charged (or item confiscated).

If you’re EU and it’s delivered to the UK you’d still have to pay for onwards shipping though.