When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona ARF 4130 calibre clone

cib0rgman

All the Trusted Dealers sell this Watch...It is a Asian 7750 base with a fake 4130 deco plate.  

This is not a full working chronograph...Only the small second at 6 and the chrono center hand work; both sub dials hand at 3 and 9 are just stuck.

I consider this Watch as a superb piece to own ....

20171209_111158.thumb.jpg.928fcbb4b07e3dba37be5a4a6306945f.jpg

Puretime has them

https://puretime05.com/watch-brands/rolex/daytona/daytona-116520-arf-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-white-dial-a4130-super-clone.html

I'm not sure if the chrono hands work, but my thought is that they do not. 

You are correct, is not really a clone and only the seconds hand works, the other sub-dials are faux frozen :( not sure what they called clone, if is ont even close to the real deal

All the Trusted Dealers sell this Watch...It is a Asian 7750 base with a fake 4130 deco plate.  

This is not a full working chronograph...Only the small second at 6 and the chrono center hand work; both sub dials hand at 3 and 9 are just stuck.

I consider this Watch as a superb piece to own ....

20171209_111158.thumb.jpg.928fcbb4b07e3dba37be5a4a6306945f.jpg

it does looks nice, I think is a bit pricy. given the fact that the chronos don't even work. not to mention service them

Edited by cib0rgman

You are correct, is not really a clone and only the seconds hand works, the other sub-dials are faux frozen :( not sure what they called clone, if is ont even close to the real deal

it does looks nice, I think is a bit pricy. given the fact that the chronos don't even work. not to mention service them

Hum...I think that when you have it on the wrist you realize it worths the money, and believe me the non working chrono is a non issue !

The replica daytonas with full working chronos are too thick, and the movement used in them is a lot less reliable. 

The ARF ones have chronos that work partially (up to 60 seconds), and the correct thickness, or at least one which is much closer vs gen.

The movement, though not as reliable as say, the A2824 or 2836, is still more reliable than the modified A7750 sec@6 with full working chrono.

I agree with @themannier though, the non working chronos are not issues at all. Let's face it, chronograph functions on watches these days are 99% unused and serve more as decoration, adding complication to the dial. I hardly even touch the chronos on my gen daytonas. 

In this hobby, it is often that we make decisions about what we can live with, and what we cannot. For me personally I will rather have the correct thickness, a more reliable movement, and I can live without working chronograph. You have to make your own decision about your preference though.

• Like 5

I agree, why are the TD stating it's a cloned 4130!  Its not a clone at all!

If it's an A7750, are we going to see the same reliability issue as the previous thicker Daytona with fully functioning Chronograph?   There is a fix for this reliability issue but you'll need to strip the movement down and remove the problematic wheel which means the Running Seconds Subdial at 6 will no longer work.  I have had to perform this fix on 90% of all the older thicker Daytona and that equates to hundreds!!!

See my post about this yesterday:

I do not care whether is a clone or not. Just don’t say is a clone when in really is just a look a like movement. I am sure that eventually if not now. They do have a clone, the are just juicing us. Just like what happened with the submariner. Now we can exchange parts with the movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m  surpiaed there isnt a good 7031/7149 rep when we have both Seagulls Venus 175 clone which is basically Valjoux 7730 and Poljot 3031(I always forget the reference) which is a modernized 7734 which ls Venus 178).

But no... factories Esther make Daytona without full funktion than a baskcally perfect Tudor rep.

I think the real question is when will the powers that be finally throw some capital into a thin working daytona clone movement... it can be done, hell it can be done relatively cheaply. I'm not sure what the issue is except a backlog of rep's to sell through? 

I’m happy with only the seconds working if they can just get it thin and 903

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's hope it's this year! :)

That'd be really sweet!

Supposedly the Noob Daytona 316L is coming out before Chinese New Year, and the 904L is coming out after. But we're already a few weeks before all the factories shut down for holiday. So my fingers are crossed. If the Noob version is better than ARF version, than that would surely make my year.

I find that exicting if NOOB release a 4130 clone, but how about the reliability of this future movement, when we see the issues reported by a ton of member whith the 3135 clone....Needless to say that the Rolex 4130 is a more complicated piece ...

If history shows then that could very well be the case unfortunately...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...