When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ARF 116660 or ARF 126660

prado

I am looking to get a 43mm Rolex. I have had a BP DSSD in the past. What I want to know:

1. I really like the blue / black dial in the DSSD.

2. I dislike the thick crystal on the DSSD without AR Coating - ( I know the gens have the same lensing effect when I saw one at an AD ). 

3. I really like the flat crystal with the dome on the 126660.

With what is out there with TD's now: Which would be a better bet - the ARF 116660 or the ARF 126660?

Also if the ARF 116660 should not be considered ( I read the dial color is not accurate )  - then is the noob v7 or later the best bet?

Thanks for your input.

Best Regards,

Edited by prado

The ARF DSSD is yet to be reviewed thoroughly. It's only just been released however there are plenty of flaws which make the noob V7 slightly better with the exception of the insert.

Arf 126600 has received great feedback and it's freaking awesome. I have both and like both as they feel different on the wrist and aesthetics wise

Here are some shots for you 3a68cae7aa608473730fa5ea49973e54.jpg7a01990efd3e9d7417989c6f692ec612.jpgc5d32d2928fa831e96d25d6767b4c754.jpgfcd20e426903700fe9150ab68a4dd4b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hey brother.  I got the a 122660 yesterday in the mail.  It is amazing.  Really a great rep.  I would say super rep.  Looking at it there really no need to modify it.  I will do some things to make it look better that is just because I can't stay still.  But a nice polish on the rehaut will do wonders.  Also on the bezel itself, it is very sharp.  I am going to need to work it and soften it up.  

One more thing I have noticed it the date wheel.  It has too go.  So I am looking around for one.  But I brought a new 2824 for it.  I was stupid.  The A2824 is running amazing.  Lets see for how long.  

That are the only flaws.  If you want too go nuts then there is one minor one.  The crown on the dial is a little lower off the upside-down triangle.  By just a little.  I wonder if they are all like that or if its just mine. 

Here are a few pics.  The SEL is perfect.  The SCUBA link is perfect.  Really nothing wrong.  This is the first rep Rolex that I dont have too change the crown and tube.  It is like butter.  Feels are real as if I had put a real crown and tube in.  They just go well.  This week end I will be pressure testing it.  I saw someone had done it too 8 ATM and it passed with flying colors.  I can tell you after putting the bezel off too see what was under there, that crystal ring is pressed in perfectly so I have no doubt this sucker is sealed from the factory.  

All I can say is WOW to the ARF guys. 

One more shout out.  Andrew over at Trusty time.  You want too talk about customer service.  My god.  I have never been treated so well by an AD.  Quality, quickness and extremely responsive.  I will never go to another TD.  

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0786.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

IMG_0802 2.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

Thank you for the awesome response [mention=81776]Drifterr[/mention] . The pictures are worth a thousand words. When you say you have both you mean noob v7 DSSD and ARF 126660? The insert on the ARF looks really awesome. But I do like that blue-black dial of the DSSD. Argh. 
Mine is the noob v7.

Listen to@occb2 . He sure is impressed with the arf sd43.

Get one you won't regret it.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thank you all for your comments and support. @occb2 the pictures look great! and I also work with Andrew @ Trusty Time. Really great with Customer service. I think for the moment I am sold on the ARF126660. May consider a V2 for the ARF116660 with a better dial, and other issues resolved.

• 2 weeks later...

From my understanding the ARF is a great rep. The first version had short hands, bad date wheel font and sharp bezel.

ARF fixed the short hands and the date wheel font - we can call this the V2.

So, the main tells now are the sharp bezel and the hands are not '3d' enough - but this is the case on all reps.

If ARF produce a V3 which has softer bezel, then this is next on my list. Or is there a mod to rectify this?

Are there any after market hands which are better on this watch? I assume gen hands cost more than the entire rep!

Also, the ARF version has A2824. This has a quick date change i.e. date change snaps over 'around' midnight like a gen. Can any 126600 ARF owners verify this?