When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD & Daytona... 2 newb questions from an old member :)

gioarmani

Hello to all again! I haven't spent a lot of time on these forums in years, as I've simply been satisfied with my old 116520 & V? DSSD. Anyway, I'm looking for help from some of the more knowledgeable current members--I'd like to update my DSSD and after doing a little homework have narrowed it down to either the V6s or the V7 (looking between these two):

V6S:  https://www.intime02.co/rollie/2650-sea-dweller-deepsea-116660-black-ceramic-v6s-1-1-noob-best-edition-sa3135.html

V7:  https://www.intime02.co/rollie/2950-sea-dweller-deepsea-116660-black-v7-1-1-noob-best-edition-a2836.html

From the pics & description I see I'm kind of leaning towards the V6s. After doing a few different searches I still haven't found a proper comparison here between the two to say: is the V7 really better than the V6s and if so for what reasons? And is the SA3135 really any worse in reliability than the 2836 or is that just outdated information? 

Secondly, I have the old JF Daytona 116520 in white but am wondering if it's worth the upgrade to the new ARF w/ the (supposedly) 904L construction? I like the fact that unlike the JF the ARF 904L has a working stop-watch hand. My question is: is this new movement just another ticking timebomb like the old 7750 or is it as reliable for daily wear as the JF? And since the case is 1.5mm thicker is there a thinner caseback available or can I make it thinner by just using my old JF caseback and removing the rotor? Maybe I should just buy a 904L bracelet for my JF and call it a day. 

ARF: https://www.intime02.co/rollie/4110-daytona-116520-arf-1-1-best-edition-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-white-dial-a4130-super-clone.html

Any help to these questions would be greatly appreciated. Good talking & thanks for your help.

Edited by gioarmani

V6s is no longer available, even if dealers say they can get it you will get a v7

Sa3135 is ok but would benefit from a service as if it packs in you won't be able to get replacement parts, unlike the sh3135 or eta movements

The new seconds at 6 movement in the ARF has been around a little while (it was previously used in the newest iwc 3714) and touch wood there's been no stories about it playing up or even stuttering seconds like the old one. The seconds works but the other subdials don't.

There's no reason why you can't remove the deco plate, use a different rotor or thinner caseback, we've seen Domi offering this service over at RWI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure on the quality of the JF Daytona.

But I do have the ARF version and recently compared with a mate who's got gen.

He could not believe how close these watches look side by side. Even the pushers were hard to point out .

Frankly speaking if you are a daytona lover please do get one as it's incredible watch.

There are plenty of discussions on other forums not sure if I can post a link.

All the best and good luck.

Some pics for you to compare with the JF.

Ohhhh yes the chrono is not fully functional on the arf. Subdial 3 and 9 as re frozen, seconds hand and subdial works perfectly fine.

4669545ac55f65cc4682581bd83c85aa.jpg&key=6e52bf35b5c2a810f60fd883f81e5d0840822d15bc23f1d4ec4f1ffcf4d5644d

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

58a1ac14f10b1eb3b0bc8a2f693d8690.jpg1dff9ff4ac9e0b44bc71a7167b3b62a0.jpg

Some more ac7a60f80cbf3f186e2af02ce8f7b682.jpg6cbef2f142f4c9febb81b8c339d7ff87.jpg

• Like 1

Good to know. Anyone know how reliable the movement is on the ARF Daytona? As good as the JF with non-working chronos or crappy like the old 7750?
Well it's a modified 7750 and appears to be quite reliable so far. Haven't heard anyone complaining as yet. Hopefully it last....

Only drawback is it can be noisy but only if you keep shaking it. Otherwise it's fine.

"Sup, Gio!?  Have missed your photo-shoots the past couple of years, you run out of "girls?"  Nah... :partytime:  

Haha..calmed down a bit since then. Just do fashion shoots now :)

So far the general feedback seems to be that it is more reliable, perhaps because of the frozen 3 and 9 subdials. 

Good to know. Think I might spring for the ARF 116520, sand down the pushers & caseback and just wait for the DSSD V8 lol