When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Rolex 116610LV

occb2

I'm going too just attempt to cut and paste my RWI post.  But fall all of you who know me and that I brought a real 116610 case a few months ago.  It ended up being a 116610LV serial number.  Well I built it too a fully real 116610 but I used an LN bezel and LN dial.  Well today I got too trade for a really nice 116610LV that was a noob V6S. it had a yuki from Craig and real full 116610LV bezel, real crystal.  The yuki has a real auto winding bridge and a real date wheel.  The 97200 on the V6S is real minus the clasp.  The prior owner brought a new real 116610LV dial.  So Here is what I did.

I am going to just attempt to cut and paste the RWI thread.

Ok. Here we go. I wasn't going too do it tonight but I just couldn't wait.

Few things. The watch that I got from Therealgoat is good. It is a V6S and it has a real CAR crystal and it had a real hulk bezel that Zocker installed with a rigged up noob nylon ring. Therealgoat thought that it was a real crystal ring and it turned up too be just a noob one. Lucky for me, I have so many parts that I have a noob V7 bezel and nylon ring and I have it with a real rolex ceramic black insert. So my 116610LN 100% rolex bezel will stay as a back up. 

The case is in fact a V6S and in great condition. Someone went out of their way and engraved it really close to rolex engraving. Not bad. Not the standard noob engraving. The clicks are actually real rolex clicks too which is great. The 97200 is all rolex but the clasp. The two full sides are 100% Rolex. Happy with that too. The yuki is running amazing. Craig did it and it has a real date wheel and a real. auto winding bridge. I am thinking of putting a real 3135 in that bad boy. I put my real 116610LN dial in it. Here is the odd thing. The hands. Only the min hand is Rolex. The hour and seconds hand is noob. So I will be ordering a set of 116610 hands. At the end of the day this will be a case and clasp only fake 116610LN.

The 116610LV is perfect! 100% Rolex down too the new nylon ring! The one on Therealgoats was a noob and destroyed. It was kind of an easy job. I just took my hands and dial off and put the new real 116610LV dial on it and repressed my real hands and popped it back in. As everyone knows pressing the ceramic bezel isn't hard. So that snapped in with the new nylon ring like it was made for it. 

Enough of me typing. Here are pictures.

[IMG]
Here is the real dial too the left and the Noob V6S dial with the real bezel on the right.

[IMG]

Showing the back of the 116610LV

[IMG] 
First thing I did was change the bezel on the real 116610. Now this case when I got it I had it run to see if it came up stolen and it was never registered and it came back as an LV. Which tonight it became whole again. For the last few months its been living as an full Rolex LN. Although if Rolex would offer this watch, the LN dial with the LV bezel, I would be all over it! Trust me, I thought of just leaving it like this! LOL.
[IMG]

Now here I had to throw in the V6S with the Rolex 116610LN bezel in. This is the real dial on the real 3135 on the left. I wanted to compare the noob dial and the Rolex dial.

[IMG]
Another shot of the Rolex dial on the 3135. This 3135 I have too thank a buddy at TRF. It is a brand new Replacement 3135. It came from the factory with factory test dial and holder. Same when I got the 3186 for my 116710LN. Great guy.

[IMG]
Here is a shot before I put the real dial on the real 3135.

[IMG]

When I put the watch back together. If all of you can see on the top of the pic. That pitting mark on the bottom. Because of that mark I got the real 116610LV case at a great deal.

[IMG] 

The final result! A fully authentic Rolex 116610LV made by me! Thanks too a bunch of people here and other forums. The final two parts, the dial and bezel assembly, I have too thank Dave for selling them to Therealgoat and for him falling in love with my 1680! LOL.

[IMG]

Now too put my real dial on the Yuki 3135. I was debating on doing it now or to wait till I ordered the hands. But I have too many jobs open at my desk from my shoulder surgery so I decided to button it up and just replace the hands and maybe movement at a later date. 

[IMG]
[IMG]
This is just too show that the V6S band is a real 97200. The clasp is a V6S clasp though. I will find a real clasp somewhere down the road.

[IMG]
The end result. Now this is a V6S case, real crystal and real bezel real dial real date wheel. Real min hand. LOL. I will put all real hands in ASAP. The Yuki is a Craig Yuki running in top shape with a real autowinding bridge. I may keep it till it dies or throw in a real 3135. I'll figure it out.

[IMG]

That hour and seconds hand has too go! But end result of the V6S with all the real parts but the case and clasp and Yuki.

[IMG]

• Like 3

The V6S that I picked up, the one that had the real LV bezel, and the owner had the real hulk dial that he had not installed yet, is not bad.  

Someone took the time to engrave it.  It has tones a good things.  Few things were mis represented but that wasn't the fault of the guy I got it from.  He was told that the crystal ring was real.  The bezel was, but he said the bezel never rotated right.  Well the nylon washer was pressed on the noob ring.  I don't know if you guys know what the difference between the noob and the real rolex crystal rings are?  I can post pics, but lets just say that the real rolex crystal ring, the top is skinny and that is where the nylon gasket rides on and holds on too.  On the noob its the opposite.  The top is larger on the noob and the bottom is where the noob nylon washer fits.  That is why if you look at a real bezel assembly the washer is higher and smaller than the noob.  But someone pushed this sucker onto the noob one.  Now normally you can sand down a noob crystal ring and get the real bezel too fit the tip of the the noob one, or just replace it with a real one, which what the prior owner was told was done.

But all in all the case is a very nice V6S, well engraved 3135 case.  It has a real crystal.  It came with a very nice actual Yuki that Craig serviced and it has a full auto winding bridge and rotor.  It is running very well.  

it has a real 704 crown.  It has real 97200 bracelet minus the clasp.  Which is a bonus.  I just ordered the 116610 hands yesterday I should have them Tue or Wed.  Only thing I am wondering is if I should throw in a real 3135.  I think I will because I want too keep this watch.  I love my 116610LN.  So I am going to put in a real crystal ring, and real bezel and the real dial.  The only thing on it that wont be Rolex would be the nice V6S case and the clasp.  

Fun Fun.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...